Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User Interface Icons Missing. 2.10 on W7 Pro
(06-07-2018, 09:34 PM)Kevin Wrote: Did you install the full thing from the .zip or just the icons? I ask because the eye (gimp-visible) is specified in the index.theme file

Code:
[Icon Theme]
Name=Hicolor
Comment=Legacy icon theme (GIMP 2.8)
Example=gimp-visible
Hidden=true
Inherits=Color
Directories=12x12/apps,18x18/apps...

I copied the icons to the folder you had me create earlier.
Try extracting the folder in the zip file as a complete thing as a new icon theme
Unzipped the file to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\icons
The eyeball and most of the GUI icons are now showing up. Only a few under dropdown menus seem to be missing.

Thanks so much!
As before, let me know which are missing, and I'll try and add them, although it will probably be Monday before I can do anything more.
(06-07-2018, 09:48 PM)Kevin Wrote: As before, let me know which are missing, and I'll try and add them, although it will probably be Monday before I can do anything more.

That laptop is at the office. I'll take so screenshots in the morning. Thanks again.
(06-07-2018, 10:01 PM)dana_w Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 09:48 PM)Kevin Wrote: As before, let me know which are missing, and I'll try and add them, although it will probably be Monday before I can do anything more.

That laptop is at the office. I'll take so screenshots in the morning. Thanks again.

Here are some screenshots that show the missing icons. Where are you getting the file names from?

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's a more complete "Legacy - Full" zip file - I got the missing icons from the GIMP source code.

As for identifying which file is which - I've got the advantage of having the themes work - so I can see which icons you have missing.

Attached Files
.zip   Legacy - Full.zip (Size: 780.25 KB / Downloads: 474)
That is wonderful Kevin. I don't see any more of those annoying dots. Your fix should cure the issue until the problem gets addressed in the source code. Hopefully, those who experience the issue will find it.