Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Logo mockup in GIMP
(06-13-2022, 09:50 AM)denzjos Wrote: This Is what I did :
load mockup drawing
load the drawing to place on the clipboard as new layer
make a path on the clipboard / here red (4 points)
make a path on the drawing (or around the layer boundary layer) / here blue (4 points - same direction as the first path / use a new path layer, here Wilber)
set the mockup layer active / red
set set Wilber path active / blue
use the Ottia Tuota plugin : filters / distorts / perspective transform / perpective transform - 4 points to 4 points
in the plugin : set Wilber as source / set mockup as target
scale the Wilber layer
done

Ottia Tuota's filters are fine, but here what do you gain compared to using the Perspective tool to transform the path?

In fact this gives me the idea of an even simpler work flow:

* Make a path that represents the final target around your drawing/logo
* Set the chain link on the path
* Set the chain link on the drawing/logo
* Use the perspective tool to map the path to the target
* Gimp will apply the same transform to the drawing/logo

Thanks all. I have never used the Path tool before. Perhaps that, I am not sure how to draw 2 paths, without loosing the first.
(06-14-2022, 09:43 PM)meetdilip Wrote: Thanks all. I have never used the Path tool before. Perhaps that, I am not sure how to draw 2 paths, without loosing the first.

[attachment=8119]

Smile
(06-14-2022, 09:43 PM)meetdilip Wrote: Thanks all. I have never used the Path tool before. Perhaps that, I am not sure how to draw 2 paths, without loosing the first.

There is a "New path" icon at the bottom of the Paths list.

In practice, each time you (re-)start the path tool, it creates a new path, unless you have an existing path visible and you click close to it.

So you never lose anything, the Path tool never wipes out the current path, at worst you'll be adding new strokes to the current path, but you can always use Ctrl-Z.