Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What method would I use in Gimp to fix this image?
Good Morning,

I have a few images that were obtained from a camera phone.

As you can see from the example that I have attached (image.jpg), there is a grayish background, which most likely was caused by the lighting in the room when the picture was taken. Printing this page makes it even worse (Printed.jpg).

I would like for the background to be white and the image black. But am not sure what method in gimp would be best to accomplish this. I'm looking for the easiest method as I am not pro in gimp.

I plan to use these images for my kids (I teach at a preschool) and would like the images to appear as if they came right out of a textbook, crisp and clear.

Appreciate any response, I can get on this.

Kind Regards,
Andrea

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

In my old installation (2.8.22) G'MIC had an itemRepair>Repair Scanned Document that could do this easily.
But in my new installation (2.10.2) that doesn't exist in G'MIC anymore.

(BTW, how does one search the G'MIC filters. There used to a facility in About, but it is no longer there)

Attached Files Image(s)

(05-30-2018, 03:37 PM)Blighty Wrote: In my old installation (2.8.22) G'MIC had an itemRepair>Repair Scanned Document that could do this easily.

(BTW, how does one search the G'MIC filters. There used to a facility in About, but it is no longer there)

Hi Blighty, can you share with me how you fixed the image?

I have about 50 of these and would like to attempt to fix them on my own, but not sure how.

Kindly advise.

Regards,
Andrea

(05-30-2018, 03:37 PM)Blighty Wrote: In my old installation (2.8.22) G'MIC had an itemRepair>Repair Scanned Document that could do this easily.

Nevermind, I figured it out by adding the G'IMC plugin, I'm using the gimp 2.8.16 btw.

Thanks so much I'm good.