Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is path to CSV in the interface
I am trying to load a set of generated 2 point lines on top of the image they display a hidden geometry to..
I have stuck path-csv-0.1.py in my plug-ins directory and it shows up in the plug in browser.
I cant find where it is in the interface, how to run it.
(01-22-2022, 03:14 AM)mark_lester Wrote: I am trying to load a set of generated 2 point lines on top of the image they display a hidden geometry to..
I have stuck path-csv-0.1.py in my plug-ins directory and it shows up in the plug in browser.

Code:
➤> images = gimp.image_list()
➤> myimage = images[0]
➤> pdb.python_fu_path_csv_import(myimage,"ref","/home/mark/cardano/original.csv")
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<input>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: wrong parameter type

I got that out of the console. Is it complaining about refpath ?
Quote:.Where is path to CSV in the interface

Right click in the paths dock, at the bottom Tools -> CSV -> Import CSV  Ofnuts will give advice, but I can't get it to work either. Edit: yes I can skip this and go to the end.

Two situations

1) Invoke the script without a path in the paths dock
loading menu '/usr/share/gimp/2.0/menus/vectors-menu.xml' for /vectors-popup
gimp: Gimp-Actions-WARNING: Uh-oh, no active item for the plug-in!

This one is a bit strange on my installation kubuntu 20.04 / Gimp 2.10.30 It works once then stops the import csv dialogue working. It looks like a file.so process gets stuck (maybe)

2) Then with a new empty path made in the paths dock.

This is using ofnuts csv example from: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Draw-p...-ordinates   path.csv
Code:
1-path,01,50,50,50,50,100,100

Edit: OH.. got it working using one of Ofnuts other examples DialTenMarks.csv
Make new canvas
Make new empty path in paths dialogue
Right click and invoke Tools -> CSV -> Import CSV
If you do not want to use the right-click-context, then use the Gimp 2.10 search option - the forward slash /? question mark key
example: https://i.imgur.com/9MfwayV.mp4
(01-22-2022, 06:11 AM)mark_lester Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 03:14 AM)mark_lester Wrote: I am trying to load a set of generated 2 point lines on top of the image they display a hidden geometry to..

Code:
images = gimp.image_list()
fill_type=1
new_image = images[0]
new_layer = new_image.layers[0]

new_vectors=pdb.gimp_vectors_new(new_image, 'Vectors!')
pdb.python_fu_path_csv_import(new_image,new_vectors,"/home/mark/cardano/original.csv")
pdb.gimp_image_add_vectors(new_image, new_vectors, 0)

pdb.gimp_context_set_brush( "Circle (07)" )
pdb.gimp_edit_stroke_vectors(new_layer, new_vectors)

gimp.Display( new_image )

that gets me the blue lines on the page which is all I needed. I aint got no CSV option in the tools menu. This will do. I screwed up the csv input, fixed now, I am airborne. Thanks for the stuff and the reply.
Quote:that gets me the blue lines on the page which is all I needed. I aint got no CSV option in the tools menu.

Just to clarify the plugin menu location. Not the Tools menu, it is a right-click context entry in the Paths dock.

However as long as it works for you that is what matters.
"the blue lines" those are the paths, active will show red, inactive shows blue. Use Edit -> Stroke paths to render on the canvas.