Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Window configuration
Hello rich2005! Please, again, I ask for your great help. I'm trying to apply the Filters / Enviro filter
Soon. However, at the end of the settings window to say "OK", it is not appearing, as it is covered by the taskbar. See attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There are a couple of ways, A scrolling interface for script-fu long dialogues such as envirologo.scm or an old freeware utility alt-drag https://stefansundin.github.io/altdrag/  That lets you drag the Window up so you can get at the bottom

Try the scrolling interface first. Attached a zip with both 32 and 64 bit versions. Your profile says 32 bit (but I am not 100% convinced Wink ) Can you confirm which Windows you are using.

Choose the appropriate: Put the file script-fu.exe in C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins
When you open the script, resize the dialogue window down and you get a scroll bar.

I know it works with 64 bit Win but this a quick check in a Win7 32bit VM Gimp 2.10.6

Just checking. You do need the MLbevelreflect plugin and for one of the options the old (Gimp 2.8) map-object plugin. If the script-fu.exe plugin interferes with other functions, ( it is old and might), disable it by renaming script-fu.exe.x until needed again.

Attached Files
.zip   scrolling-script-fu-interface.zip (Size: 137.07 KB / Downloads: 100)
Rich suggested the scrolling interface. I have read that it does work, but interferes with other functions. I have not tried it for that reason.

Enviro Logo appears to be a variation of Bevel Reflect Logo (BRL). I use BRL, an old one from 2.8 but works in 2.10. OK button can be accessed.

MLBevelReflect.exe goes in the plug-ins folder.
(then forget about it - don't use it)

bevel-reflect-logo.scm goes in the scripts folder.
Find it at Filters > Alpha to Logo > Bevel Reflect Logo

Some useful links included in the txt file.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   BRL.zip (Size: 25.09 KB / Downloads: 99)
(02-13-2020, 02:30 PM)Blighty Wrote: Rich suggested the scrolling interface. I have read that it does work, but interferes with other functions. I have not tried it for that reason.

Enviro Logo appears to be a variation of Bevel Reflect Logo (BRL). I use BRL, an old one from 2.8 but works in 2.10. OK button can be accessed.

MLBevelReflect.exe goes in the plug-ins folder.
(then forget about it - don't use it)

bevel-reflect-logo.scm goes in the scripts folder.
Find it at Filters > Alpha to Logo > Bevel Reflect Logo

Some useful links included in the txt file.

(02-13-2020, 02:07 PM)rich2005 Wrote: There are a couple of ways, A scrolling interface for script-fu long dialogues such as envirologo.scm or an old freeware utility alt-drag https://stefansundin.github.io/altdrag/  That lets you drag the Window up so you can get at the bottom

Try the scrolling interface first. Attached a zip with both 32 and 64 bit versions. Your profile says 32 bit (but I am not 100% convinced Wink ) Can you confirm which Windows you are using.

Choose the appropriate: Put the file script-fu.exe in C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins
When you open the script, resize the dialogue window down and you get a scroll bar.

I know it works with 64 bit Win but this a quick check in a Win7 32bit VM Gimp 2.10.6

Just checking. You do need the MLbevelreflect plugin and for one of the options the old (Gimp 2.8) map-object plugin. If the script-fu.exe plugin interferes with other functions, ( it is old and might), disable it by renaming script-fu.exe.x until needed again.
@Blighty & @ rich2005, now I got tense. Whether I use scrolling-script-fu-interface or not, as it can interfere with the smooth functioning of GIMP.
Quote: now I got tense. Whether I use scrolling-script-fu-interface or not, as it can interfere with the smooth functioning of GIMP.

You will have to wait for Blighty to tell what the scrolling script-fu.exe interferes with. 

There is the alternative I mentioned alt-drag. A little free utility, to emulate a standard linux function. https://stefansundin.github.io/altdrag/   

A quick demo: https://youtu.be/g2PM0gElZ7k duration 1 min 45 secs.

(02-13-2020, 05:36 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote: now I got tense. Whether I use scrolling-script-fu-interface or not, as it can interfere with the smooth functioning of GIMP.

You will have to wait for Blighty to tell what the scrolling script-fu.exe interferes with. 

There is the alternative I mentioned alt-drag. A little free utility, to emulate a standard linux function.  https://stefansundin.github.io/altdrag/   

A quick demo: https://youtu.be/g2PM0gElZ7k  duration 1 min 45 secs.

Hello everyone! Dear rich2005, I installed the scrolling-script-fu-interface; and the filter scroll bar appeared. Thank you!
rich2005! A curious fact also emerged. When scrolling-script-fu-interface is enabled / disabled, some logo filters no longer work. Could it be because they are too old? Could you tell those who don't run on GIMP 2.10?
(02-15-2020, 03:16 AM)LucivaldoGIMP Wrote: rich2005! A curious fact also emerged. When scrolling-script-fu-interface is enabled / disabled, some logo filters no longer work. Could it be because they are too old? Could you tell those who don't run on GIMP 2.10?

If the script worked before the modified script-fu and not with it active then congratulations, you have found the 'problem'  Can you list the ones that do not work for you ?

The old Gimp 2.8 scripts were considered old, poor quality for today's use, not maintained and were removed. They are still available in an archive.

However, some are know to be broken, neon for example. Reported as a bug and should be fixed in Gimp 2.10.16

Then those that are obviously not correct.  Non-compatible bump-map:   chip-away  coolmetal-logo  glossy  gradient-bevel-logo  starscape-logo  swirltile  title-header   Often can be made to work by applying the bump-map yourself.

Subtle changes that might not be spotted unless a comparison is made between Gimp 2.8 / 2.10  due to layer-mode changes. It is try and see.

Backward compatibility in Gimp 2.10 does improve with versions. Gimp 2.10.14 is better than 2.10.12 (but not for all things). Should be better again with Gimp 2.10.16
(02-15-2020, 09:20 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 03:16 AM)LucivaldoGIMP Wrote: rich2005! A curious fact also emerged. When scrolling-script-fu-interface is enabled / disabled, some logo filters no longer work. Could it be because they are too old? Could you tell those who don't run on GIMP 2.10?

If the script worked before the modified script-fu and not with it active then congratulations, you have found the 'problem'  Can you list the ones that do not work for you ?

The old Gimp 2.8 scripts were considered old, poor quality for today's use, not maintained and were removed. They are still available in an archive.

However, some are know to be broken, neon for example. Reported as a bug and should be fixed in Gimp 2.10.16

Then those that are obviously not correct.  Non-compatible bump-map:   chip-away  coolmetal-logo  glossy  gradient-bevel-logo  starscape-logo  swirltile  title-header   Often can be made to work by applying the bump-map yourself.

Subtle changes that might not be spotted unless a comparison is made between Gimp 2.8 / 2.10  due to layer-mode changes. It is try and see.

Backward compatibility in Gimp 2.10 does improve with versions. Gimp 2.10.14 is better than 2.10.12 (but not for all things). Should be better again with Gimp 2.10.16
Dear rich2005! Thank you for your patience and attention. Below is the list of logos with error messages:

Gmic Logos
Plastic or Glass Text
Plastic or Glass
Shiny Chrome Logo
3D-FUN Logo
Air Bubbles
Antique Metal Logo
Frost Crystals
Frost Crystals[alpha]
Lace
Metallica
Psychedelic
Space Text
Warhol
Electricity
Safari-2.6
3D Outline
Aura
Bumpy
Golden
Golden Button
Ice Fire FB
Logo Toolbox
Lord of the Rings
Pillow emboss
Steel
Corroded Painting
Liquid-Water
Fiery Steel
Chewed Text Effect
Aqua Button Text
Gothic Glow
Glossy Sphere
Aqua Hrule
Aqua Plain Board
Aqua Round
Aqua Rounded Board
Aqua Button Text
Dimond 
Fire
Dracula
Aurora Borealis
Ballon 
Dottet text
Alien Aura
Basic III
Feurio
Shadowy
Oh Dear, an avid script / plugin / brush / font collector

Do not expect old scripts and plugins to work. Example, one at the end, Feurio 
Description:  Feurio Logo - Original script by Michael Schalla  Version 2.4.2 works with gimp 2.4 and 2.6   

What about Gimp 2.10 ?Apply it and you get an error message. There are lots of changes in the syntax with Gimp 2.10. Some changes are accommodated with Gimp 2.10 backward compatibility but not everything.

That can be fixed, and when fixed, another different error, and another, and another....

Eventually you might get it fixed but it is a lot of work, and that is one of the easier fixable scripts.

Fixed for Gimp 2.10  
.zip   feurio-logo.zip (Size: 2.53 KB / Downloads: 111)

If you want to use those old scripts, my advice is run a 'portable Gimp 2.8' in parallel with your regular Gimp 2.10  Still available see: https://sourceforge.net/projects/portabl...e/download

Time for a clean-up of your Gimp 2.10 Wink Get rid of them.  Avoid old collections such as fx-foundry. 

For GIMP 2.10 A collection of fixed old scripts http://www.gimphelp.org