Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zoobka: A technique to make beautiful material effects
(01-17-2020, 05:36 PM)Blighty Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 04:21 PM)denzjos Wrote: Can't tell either. Possibly a smallish stray tangent that gets exaggerated by the process. Can you post the XCF

It is as Ofnuts said - small stray tangents. Actually VERY small stray tangents. They can be seen if you zoom in to 25000%. The image below is from the stroke second from top. The stray tangents on your original 2 paths are even smaller, difficult to see at 25000%.

I had a mouse, brand new, that was very prone to creating these very small tangents.

Ofnuts has a script to remove these stray tangents. Use it on your 2 original paths before using the path inbetweener.

ofn-remove-tangents.py
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-pa...s/scripts/

Blighty, thank you for the information. It seems something rare, but it isn't, isn't it?
Thanks for this tut. I need a new wallpaper. May have to try it

Smile
(01-17-2020, 09:13 PM)denzjos Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 05:36 PM)Blighty Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 04:21 PM)denzjos Wrote: Can't tell either. Possibly a smallish stray tangent that gets exaggerated by the process. Can you post the XCF

It is as Ofnuts said - small stray tangents. Actually VERY small stray tangents. They can be seen if you zoom in to 25000%. The image below is from the stroke second from top. The stray tangents on your original 2 paths are even smaller, difficult to see at 25000%.

I had a mouse, brand new, that was very prone to creating these very small tangents.

Ofnuts has a script to remove these stray tangents. Use it on your 2 original paths before using the path inbetweener.

ofn-remove-tangents.py
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-pa...s/scripts/

Blighty, thank you for the information. It seems something rare, but it isn't, isn't it?

Not that rare, otherwise I wouldn't have created a script to fix it. It can happen as a result of Select>To path. But IMHO it's more a problem of the library that strokes the path than a problem with the path generation.
(01-18-2020, 07:17 AM)sallyanne Wrote: Thanks for this tut. I need a new wallpaper. May have to try it

You are welcome, it was fun to make it, as it is fun to make "zoobkas". If you try it, don't hesitate to post your own creations here, we would love to see them. Smile
(01-18-2020, 08:49 AM)g017 Wrote: don't hesitate to post your own creations here

Rather post them to "Gallery". You can start a Zoobka thread there.
(01-18-2020, 09:28 AM)Blighty Wrote:
(01-18-2020, 08:49 AM)g017 Wrote: don't hesitate to post your own creations here

Idea Idea Idea
(01-18-2020, 09:28 AM)Blighty Wrote:

Thank you for that excellent suggestion. Here it is:
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Zoobka...al-effects