Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
a few arrows along a path
Is there a gimp plugin that can place a few arrowheads on a path in a way that the arrowheads are following the path direction. NOT as the example below :

Thanks in advance for a solution.
1. Make an arrowhead brush
2. Gimp has a built in dynamic "Track Direction". Use that.
3. Set brush spacing to a large value, say 150%
4. Edit > Stroke Path

You can easily make your own dynamics if needed (if Gimp doesn't have a convenient built-in one).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

In the 'stroke path' panel I have to set ' Emulate brush dynamics ' on, otherwise it don't give the result I want (or like your example Blighty).Thank you for the tip, I now discovered that one have more options if one click on the icon with the blue arrow and the three red points. Discovering the possibilities with Gimp is every time a revelation.
I'm trying to re-stroke about 400 paths in GIMP project using method described by Blighty in post #2 and I've noticed a weird "bug". Angle of the first arrow (at the beginning of the path, left/top on the attached image) is always the same no matter the path direction. Seems like the "Track Direction" dynamics doesn't work if there are no prior points.

Are you guys aware of some workaround for that?
In addition to the method described in post #2 by Blighty, there is the ofn-brush-strokes-on-path plug-in.

Using the Edit - Stroke Path method I also encountered a problem with the angle of the last arrow.
With ofn-brush-strokes-on-path there was no such problem.