Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
grid patterns not showing
I have several pictures both in my personal users\username\gim2.8\patterns folder  and in the patterns grid/list.  I am now attempting to add three pictures (png,jpg) to that  list.  They do appear in the personal pattern folder all right but refuse to enter the pattern grid.  I have used the green refresh button with no result.  What can I do?
It might be there, but not under the name you expect. Check the name "Created with Gimp".

Also, the max size for a pattern is 1024 x 1024 pixels.
If you are using Gimp 2.10 (as indicated) no use putting anything in "users\username\gim2.8\patterns2"

The Gimp 2.10 profile will be "C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\.......
Thanks for both answers. No, there are no "created by Gimp" patterns in both system and personal grids/lists.
what would be my next step? By the way Rich2005, since I see you are an administrator, I want to modify my user name, the current one is cumbersome (my email address), and replace it with my first name (Guillaume), but I see no way to do it unless I register again. How do I do it?
When I upgraded to GIMP 2.10 I was surprised that version 2.8 still showed in the directory.  But there was no problem using GIMP.  Well, Rich2005 has done me a little favor by mentioning the new access to 2.10.  GIMP 2.8's pattern folder entries do not all show in GIMP 2.10.  I pasted the missing pictures in the 2.10 pattern folder and, bingo, they all now appear in the pattern grid.  Thank you Rich2005.
(11-23-2018, 05:17 PM)bluevanda@GMX.com Wrote: Thanks for both answers.  No, there are no "created by Gimp" patterns in both system and personal grids/lists.  
what would be my next step?    By the way Rich2005, since I see you are an administrator, I want to modify my user name, the current one is cumbersome (my email address), and replace it with my first name (Guillaume), but I see no way to do it unless I register again.  How do I do it?

We already have a Guillaume, registred in August 2017, and whose email is also bluevanda-something, and using the same IP as you Smile . Last posted on October 28, 2018, so maybe you should take your memory pills.

We can merge your new id into that one (and give it a new password), if you forgot it.

PM me for details.