Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
layer Keyboard Shortcut
Is there a way to assign layer/transform/flip horizontal to a keyboard shortcut?

It's in Drawable, not Layers
Tip: when you cannot find, there is a search box on top of that window, for this example I did input "flip" and the icon of Drawable is a "layer" on my GIMP's theme Wink

Patrice
Thanks a bunch PixLab!  I was guessing I would be out of luck.  That saves me a lot of work.  I should have asked sooner.
There is another solution, but I call it "the dangerous way"

Go to your Preferences (Edit > Preferences), a window opens, go to Interface and check Use dynamic keyboard shortcuts, then click OK

Now go to anything in a menu that you want to put a shortcut, highlight it with your mouse and while your mouse is on input your shortcut

Then go immediately to your preferences via the menu (no shortcut) to uncheck Use dynamic keyboard shortcuts, because it can happen that you change a shortcut inadvertently while this dynamic function is active, for any hovering in the menu
> This happened to me many times and it put a mess in the menu with shortcut you never asked or change the original ones while you go a bit fast Wink
Patrice