Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ofn Bend Path problem
Im trying to bend text into a shape (the red lines on the left), but i get an error:

Exception: x=405.89 outside range for "top" envelope

Whats wrong with the envelope ?

As a test, i tried to rotate the shape so the ends of the waves align on the vertical. This worked okay, but its not what i want.
I want the text bent into a descending wave shape.

You should extend you wavy lines beyond the circle (no need to be accurate), so that they are vertically above any part of the input text.
So like this ?

Now it works, but its far from pretty. I guess this design wasnt a good idea in my side....

EDIT: i guess it needed a better font....

Another possibility.. shear the text path prior to applying bend

(12-10-2018, 09:15 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Another possibility.. shear the text path prior to applying bend

Good idea, but i wanted all vertical lines to remain vertical (as in the blue example).

How much did you shear it so you got a right angle between the vertical lines and the wave again ?
(12-10-2018, 09:21 AM)Espermaschine Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 09:15 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Another possibility.. shear the text path prior to applying bend

Good idea, but i wanted all vertical lines to remain vertical (as in the blue example).

How much did you shear it so you got a right angle between the vertical lines and the wave again ?

As you see I did not spend much time on it, but roughly the amount shown by the guides. Which are the intersection of the circle and the paths
I made another one, this time flipping the envelope so the text fits better.

[Image: Bend%2BPath%2BTutorial%2BThe%2BEnd.png]