Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ofn-brush-strokes-on-path
(04-22-2021, 02:56 PM)denzjos Wrote: Thanks Ofnuts for the reply. seems to be some work but when I have some free time, I'll give it a try.

Seriously, longer to explain than to do. Of course I could script part of it, but not really worth it for 4/5 steps.
Ofnuts and rich, thanks for the support. My creation so far (compressed mp4 file, the gif was to big and compressed, it become a mess) :

.7z   fireflyonpath.7z (Size: 154.09 KB / Downloads: 127)
I think I get it now (the workflow I mean). I always want to know the thinking behind a workflow, I don't like the click, click, click,... to become a result. I know, it's always difficult to explain a workflow in little text. @Ofnuts, it would be nice to get the object smaller and then become bigger depending the position on a path. In this case, when the fly disappear behind the tree. Just a thought...  

(04-24-2021, 04:33 PM)denzjos Wrote: I think I get it now (the workflow I mean). I always want to know the thinking behind a workflow, I don't like the click, click, click,... to become a result. I know, it's always difficult to explain a workflow in little text. @Ofnuts, it would be nice to get the object smaller and then become bigger depending the position on a path. In this case, when the fly disappear behind the tree. Just a thought...  

We would have to find a usable way where you can express the size  change as a function of the position on the path.

Another solution is to split your path into a few sections and run OBSOP on each after changing the brush size, accumulating the layers in the same image. Of course this could change the spacing a bit between the sections, but in your case giving a smaller spacing for the "far" sections would also be necessary. The only extra option you could need is a way to tell OBSOP to not stroke the last element of a path section (but you can just as well delete the last layer produced each time).

You also implicitly volunteered to test if the Fade ➤ Size dynamics mapping is still usable with OBSOP Smile  (no promises, if it still works it's sheer luck for the time being)
Denzjos,
Your animation is really cool!

Tim has a plugin - Follow Path with Perspective Brush - that produces a change in the brush size due to its displacement in a path. But it only generates one layer.
Made this with follow-path3.py See: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Plug-i...6#pid23146

Four paths 80% -> 60% / 60% -> 80% / 80% -> 100% / !00% -> 80%

Not saying it is uncomplicated Smile or more probably I am making it too complicated. Needs a few extra tools, multiple layer to canvas size (I think ofnuts has one, I use the old Multiple Layer Actions script and a unpack layer group script.

Thank you rich, a quick creation :

(04-24-2021, 05:12 PM)Krikor Wrote: Denzjos,
Your animation is really cool!

Tim has a plugin - Follow Path with Perspective Brush - that produces a change in the brush size due to its displacement in a path. But it only generates one layer.

If the objects are not contiguous on a transparent background, my ofn-extract-objects script can split them to one layer each. However the stack order will be random.
Thank you very much Ofnuts, the animation addition is great.  Here's my first go with it (I also used ofn-interleave-layers):

Also thank you for ofn-export-paths. I had been wondering how to keep track of my paths, currently scattered around many .xcf files, exporting all to one directory will make them much easier to browse.

The firefly and footprint animations from everyone are cool.
(04-22-2021, 02:17 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
  1. Create the N frames  of the animation, with fully opaque object on transparent background (stack image)
  2. Use  ofn-interleave-layers to copy the frames of Stack at 100% opacity over a solid background, yielding  Image1
  3. In Stack, move the top layer to the bottom
  4. Use ofn-interleave-layers to copy the frames of Stack at 75% opacity over the frames in Image1, yielding Image2. Image1 can be discarded.
  5. In Stack, move the top layer to the bottom
  6. Use ofn-interleave-layers to copy the frames of Stack at 50% opacity over the frames in Image2, yielding Image3. Image2 can be discarded.
  7. In Stack, move the top layer to the bottom
  8. Use ofn-interleave-layers to copy the frames of Stack at 25% opacity over the frames in Image3, yielding Image4. Image3 can be discarded.
  9. Export Image4 as your animation.

Hi Ofnuts,

I used the above workflow (without lowering the opacity) to bulk up the leaves below with a difference that I moved 25 layers from the top of the stack to the bottom between the interleaves. Given the file had 100 layers I found it easier to put layers into a layer group and move that to the bottom of the stack. Then I moved the layers out of the layer group.  So I was wondering if it might be an idea if ofn-interleave-layers could work with layers in the layer group to save having to move them out?

Leaves are from a brush by racer-x.