Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ofn-brush-strokes-on-path
(03-26-2020, 08:17 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: What you want is more like what my own text-along-path does: each character is rotated without distortion. That script could be a solution if: 
  • You find a Unicode character that looks like what you want (there is a "footprints" emoji)
  • That character has the appropriate orientation (unfortunately, not in the default font)
* Yes--I should have said 'ofn-text-along-path' instead of just 'text along path' (I use the Gimp default very sparingly: chiefly for 'forced oblique')
* I haven't found a font in windows with a footprint: ¿is one there, Gimp-compatible? (Gimp balks at 'all icons' fonts)
Just looked up unicde reference for emojis at W3 Schools, and ... no feet.
So, the answer is
- stick to brushes, or
- go to inkscape?
(03-26-2020, 12:18 PM)carmen Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 08:17 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: What you want is more like what my own text-along-path does: each character is rotated without distortion. That script could be a solution if: 
  • You find a Unicode character that looks like what you want (there is a "footprints" emoji)
  • That character has the appropriate orientation (unfortunately, not in the default font)
* Yes--I should have said 'ofn-text-along-path' instead of just 'text along path' (I use the Gimp default very sparingly: chiefly for 'forced oblique')
* I haven't found a font in windows with a footprint: ¿is one there, Gimp-compatible? (Gimp balks at 'all icons' fonts)
Just looked up unicde reference for emojis at W3 Schools, and ... no feet.
So, the answer is
- stick to brushes, or
- go to inkscape?

"Footprints" is  a standard emoji, with an assigned Unicode position. You should have it in your default font, especially if you see something here: ->?<- (yes this is a plain character, not a pasted image). This said, for other reasons it is unusable, because it is not just an outline, and the orientation is wrong.
(03-26-2020, 12:18 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 09:56 AM)Blighty Wrote: I have just been playing with this plug-in. It is easy to set Strokes in multiples of 10 by clicking on the slider bar, but extremely difficult to change from, for example, 10 to 12. Other than that works well, a useful plug-in.

Gimp 2.10.18; Windows 10

I have little control on the slider widget. If you have a wheel mouse, each tick of wheel adds/subtract two. And when the focus is on the slider, the left&right cursor keys add/subtract one. Would entering numbers be easier?

Also noticing the difficulty: personally, I would prefer numbers...
A intermediate solution is to use a spinner, see attached examples script (Test>Test numbers). What do you think?

Attached Files
.zip   testnumber.zip (Size: 492 bytes / Downloads: 133)
Just tested: for me (and my mouse) either stepped option works fine--more usable than the one in ofn-brush-strokes.
OK, updated a new version with spinners instead of sliders. Enjoy.
(03-26-2020, 01:14 AM)carmen Wrote: Trying this (brush: clipboard from imported svg)

If you want footprints, try this brush.
Standard Gimp, no plug-ins required.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   FootPrints_01_small.zip (Size: 33.78 KB / Downloads: 116)
Many thanks!
I tested brush footprints_01 with the Ofnuts script (brush strokes on path), but nothing happens. I thought it was because of the .gih type, but then I tested other .gih brushes and they all worked with the script.

Why in particular does this FootPrints_01_small brush produce nothing when executing the script?
(03-27-2020, 04:04 PM)Krikor Wrote: I tested brush footprints_01 with the Ofnuts script (brush strokes on path), but nothing happens. I thought it was because of the .gih type, but then I tested other .gih brushes and they all worked with the script.

Why in particular does this FootPrints_01_small brush produce nothing when executing the script?

Same snag here. Maybe due to:
Using manually the brush,
* it paints if the brush is dragged
* it doesn't pint if it's clicked--sparks, for example, paints both on clicking the brush and on using the plug-in
* normally stroking the path with the brush + emulate brush dinamics works, semi-transparent.
Issue with the brush dinamics??!!