Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ofn-replace-colormap
A small script to replace the color map of an indexed image, usually to shift colors.

Available here.
Hi Ofnuts i'm trying to use your Replace-colormap but i get this error:

GIMP Errore
Plug-in "ofn-replace-colormap.py"
(C:\Users\rnode1\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins\ofn-replace-colormap.py)
attempted to install procedure "temp-procedure-number-8" with invalid parameter name "num colors".

GIMP Errore
Errore di chiamata per la procedura "gimp-palette-get-colors":
La procedura "gimp-palette-get-colors" è stata chiamata con il valore "(null)" l'argomento "name" (#1, tipo gchararray). Questo valore è fuori limite.

I do following steps:
- indexing using a 24 color palette
- select new 24 palette from right panel
- Menu Color > ReplaceColorMap
error!

What i'm wrong? sure i'm missing some step
Thank you
(04-20-2021, 09:22 PM)barrubba Wrote: Hi Ofnuts i'm trying to use your Replace-colormap but i get this error:

GIMP Errore
Plug-in "ofn-replace-colormap.py"
(C:\Users\rnode1\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins\ofn-replace-colormap.py)
attempted to install procedure "temp-procedure-number-8" with invalid parameter name "num colors".

GIMP Errore
Errore di chiamata per la procedura "gimp-palette-get-colors":
La procedura "gimp-palette-get-colors" è stata chiamata con il valore "(null)" l'argomento "name" (#1, tipo gchararray). Questo valore è fuori limite.

I do following steps:
- indexing using a 24 color palette
- select new 24 palette from right panel
- Menu Color > ReplaceColorMap
error!

What i'm wrong? sure i'm missing some step
Thank you

The palette is given by clicking the Palette button on the dialog... The script doesn't check the current palette.
Two posts moved to https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-ofn-replace-colormap
can you please explain step by step?
i click on button on plugin and i get error
I was trying the plug-in, I wanted to understand its function and how it differs from Map - Palette map.

• I have an indexed (A) color image; 24 colors.
• I have a palette (B) with 24 colors.

• With the image (A) open Colors - Replace colormap and select the palette (B).

The plugin displays the message:

Quote:Replace colormap Warning
The new color map has not the same number of entries as the existing one

I thought that if both had 24 colors there would be no problem. But nothing happens.

Both the colorcube analysis and the selected palette display 24 colors for the selected image and palette respectively.
(04-20-2021, 11:39 PM)barrubba Wrote: can you please explain step by step?
i click on button on plugin and i get error

To use the script you have to push TWO buttons on the dialog:

In hindsight, maybe I should just use the current "global" palette, but right now you have to select one.

Download updated version before trying again.
(04-21-2021, 02:28 AM)Krikor Wrote: I was trying the plug-in, I wanted to understand its function and how it differs from Map - Palette map.

• I have an indexed (A) color image; 24 colors.
• I have a palette (B) with 24 colors.

• With the image (A) open Colors - Replace colormap and select the palette (B).

The plugin displays the message:

Quote:Replace colormap Warning

I thought that if both had 24 colors there would be no problem. But nothing happens.

Both the colorcube analysis and the selected palette display 24 colors for the selected image and palette respectively.

Yes, terrible bug.  I wonder how it slipped by, I usually test the stuff... And 169 downloads and not a peep from an irate user...

Just uploaded a fixed version.

Color ➤ Map ➤ Palette map 1) works on RGB images, 2) maps a luminosity to a palette index. ofn-replace-colormap is just a way to mass-edit the colormap entries without incurring re-indexation.
(04-21-2021, 06:38 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Yes, terrible bug.  I wonder how it slipped by, I usually test the stuff... And 169 downloads and not a peep from an irate user...

Color ➤ Map ➤ Palette map 1) works on RGB images, 2) maps a luminosity to a palette index. ofn-replace-colormap is just a way to mass-edit the colormap entries without incurring re-indexation.

Ofnuts,

Thanks for the info about the differences between Color ➤ Map ➤ Palette map and ofn-replace-colormap.

I downloaded the plug-in again, but with no change in relation to what was previously reported. Same message.

Replace colormap Warning
(04-21-2021, 12:54 PM)Krikor Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 06:38 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Yes, terrible bug.  I wonder how it slipped by, I usually test the stuff... And 169 downloads and not a peep from an irate user...

Ofnuts,

Thanks for the info about the differences between Color ➤ Map ➤ Palette map and ofn-replace-colormap.

I downloaded the plug-in again, but with no change in relation to what was previously reported. Same message.

Replace colormap Warning

Then you didn't install the new version properly, because the new message is different and is more explicit: "The "Basic colors" palette (12 colors) has not the same number of entries as the current color map (8 colors)" (I just re-downloaded the thing and check that this is indeed the message in the python file from SourceForge). On the other hand the message has the color counts mixed up, so I have uploaded a new version to fix the message anyway.