Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ofn-text-along-path
(11-20-2017, 12:24 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: ofn-path-to-shape has all required functionality for this (called "spokes", in both "strokes" and "segments" functions).

I see.
The complexity has risen quite a bit. You really have to know these tools, to get to a specific effect.

How does the plug-in know how many words to apply to one spike of the skeleton star ?
Can i apply a whole sentence to one spike and only one word to the next ?
(11-20-2017, 09:09 AM)Espermaschine Wrote: The complexity has risen quite a bit. You really have to know these tools, to get to a specific effect.

I don't see it as complexity but as openness, tools for your toolbox. I prefer a wood lathe to a machine that can only produce Regency chairs Smile

(11-20-2017, 09:09 AM)Espermaschine Wrote: How does the plug-in know how many words to apply to one spike of the skeleton star ?
Can i apply a whole sentence to one spike and only one word to the next ?

(11-20-2017, 09:42 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: I don't see it as complexity but as openness, tools for your toolbox. I prefer a wood lathe to a machine that can only produce Regency chairs Smile

Well dont get me wrong, i think you did a great job of making the plug-in more useful, without filling the menu with a hundred new entries.
It was just when i installed the new version, i thought to myself: oh another menu entry, not sure i want that.

(11-20-2017, 09:09 AM)Espermaschine Wrote: How does the plug-in know how many words to apply to one spike of the skeleton star ?

I see. I think i may be confused because this started as a request for rotated text.
So multi means, that text can be applied to several skeleton paths at once.
Each paragraph in the plug-in to one of the skeleton spokes.
(11-20-2017, 09:57 AM)Espermaschine Wrote: I see. I think i may be confused because this started as a request for rotated text.
So multi means, that text can be applied to several skeleton paths at once.
Each paragraph in the plug-in to one of the skeleton spokes.

More accurately, a different text can be applied to several different strokes in one go. And in the input widget there are no "paragraphs", only "lines".
Hi!

I want only put text inside(!) in exists path. Can I do this with this plugin? Which version do I need?

Sample:

Thank you!

Gimp 2.8, Windows.
I don't think Gimp can do this. (If I am wrong someone will correct me - watch this space.)

Inkscape can do what you want.
http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/...-Flow.html
Note: Don't draw a text box for your text. Just click once on the canvas and enter your text as one long line.
(12-28-2017, 01:03 PM)Blighty Wrote: I don't think Gimp can do this. (If I am wrong someone will correct me - watch this space.)

Inkscape can do what you want.
http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/...-Flow.html
Note: Don't draw a text box for your text. Just click once on the canvas and enter your text as one long line.

Hi, thank you!

With Inkscape, I can do it easily!
(12-28-2017, 06:01 PM)Totya Wrote: With Inkscape, I can do it easily!

Yes, very easy.

1. Draw a *closed* path (the red line in your previous post)
2. Type your text (one long line)
3. Select both path and text
4. Text > Flow into Frame.

For more Inkscape queries there is the Inkscape forum
http://www.inkscapeforum.com
Updated the script with "Top of lowercase" and "Middle of lowercase" height reference settings. Thanks to Espermaschine for the idea.
When I put ofn-text-along-path.py into /home/[username]/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/ and restart gimp, I don't see anything when I right click the text layer and press text along path, it just does what it did before, no dialogue. Am I missing something?