Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing 2.10 on 2017 MacBook air
I’m new to Mac, but I’ve been using GIMP for years.  Running into a snag with this computer.  When I go to install 2.10, it downloads, and then asks me to move it to applications.  But then when I try to open it, it says it is “not supported on this Mac”, and the icon is crossed out. Am I missing a step here, or is it really not compatible with this computer?  iOS Montgomery.
(01-07-2023, 12:24 AM)abwhite412 Wrote: I’m new to Mac, but I’ve been using GIMP for years.  Running into a snag with this computer.  When I go to install 2.10, it downloads, and then asks me to move it to applications.  But then when I try to open it, it says it is “not supported on this Mac”, and the icon is crossed out. Am I missing a step here, or is it really not compatible with this computer?  iOS Montgomery.

Are you trying to install a version for M1 on a computer with Intel?
(01-07-2023, 09:03 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(01-07-2023, 12:24 AM)abwhite412 Wrote: I’m new to Mac, but I’ve been using GIMP for years.  Running into a snag with this computer.  When I go to install 2.10, it downloads, and then asks me to move it to applications.  But then when I try to open it, it says it is “not supported on this Mac”, and the icon is crossed out. Am I missing a step here, or is it really not compatible with this computer?  iOS Montgomery.

Are you trying to install a version for M1 on a computer with Intel?

Yes.