Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
python-fu script no more working after gmic installation
Hello,

I installed gimp one week ago and used python-fu for scripting. It works very well on windows-10

Yesterday, i installed gmic. It seem to work well on GUI.

Now, here comes the issue:
After having installed GMIC the python-fu script does not work anymore. I have this error message:

GIMP-Error: Unable to run plug-in "zlib1.dll"
(C:\Users\admin\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins\gmic_gimp_qt\zlib1.dll)
Failed to execute child process (Exec format error)

When i delete the gmic_gimp_qt directory completely the script work again.

Thank you for you help.
My goal is to automate the script diego's pseudohdreffect http://gimpscripts.com/2016/10/pseudo-hdr-effect/ on windows 10 using python-fu
From gimpscripts

quote: Versions supported Gimp 2.8.18 G’MIC 1.7.7
and dependencies G’MIC : new filter Retinex (used if Retinex option has been requested)
– G’MIC : filter Iain’s Denoise
– Gimp : script-fu-invert-YUV by Stratadrake available at http://registry.gimp.org/node/8352

Your Gimp version will be OK but the current gmic is 2.0.4(or 5) which has very different syntax from the earlier version.

You can have both gmic 1.7.7 and gmic 2.0.4 installed at the same time (at least in linux you can) Put the gmic 1.7.7 files from http://gmic.eu/files/windows/ in their own folder and add to the plugins paths. Might work.

On the other hand dinasset, the author does look in here, he probably has a better solution.
A dual gmic installation works.

Keep the versions in their own folders and add to the path in Edit -> Preferences -> Folders -> Plug-ins

Make sure the dinesset plugin + dependencies are in the correct plugin/script folder

All-in-one looks like this

[Image: 4jekPxL.jpg]
Hi,

@rich2005 Thank you for you help

I uninstalled gmic 2.8.22 completely.

I installed version 1.7.9 and the GUi of gimp/gmic/retinex seems to work well but with the python-fu version i have errors.

Then,
i remove the version 1.7.9 and installed version 1.7.7 and the GUi of gimp/gmic/retinex seems to work well but with the python-fu version i have errors. Here are they:
GIMP-Error: Unable to run plug-in "zlib1__.dll"
(C:\Users\admin\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins\gmic177\zlib1__.dll)

GIMP-Error: Unable to run plug-in "zlib1.dll"
(C:\Users\admin\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins\gmic177\zlib1.dll)

GIMP-Error: Unable to run plug-in "uninst"
(C:\Users\admin\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins\gmic177\uninst)

Failed to execute child process (No such file or directory)

GIMP-Error: Unable to run plug-in "ssleay32.dll"
(C:\Users\admin\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins\gmic177\ssleay32.dll)

GIMP-Error: Unable to run plug-in "pthreadGC2-w64.dll"
(C:\Users\admin\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins\gmic177\pthreadGC2-w64.dll)

GIMP-Error: Unable to run plug-in "libwinpthread-1.dll"
(C:\Users\admin\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins\gmic177\libwinpthread-1.dll)

Some excuse as a new Gimp user ...but...Uninstalling / reinstalling Gimp rarely works Wink

The problem often lies with the Gimp profile C:\Users\yourname\.gimp-2.8 folder which remains. If you want a new installation rename that as a backup. Gimp will create a new default profile when first run.

Then a left over from gmic_gimp_qt a gmic folder in C:\Users\yourname\appdata\roaming - delete that, gmic will make a new one.

I saw from your post in GC that you have been deleting files here-and-there. Not a good idea.

Make sure you have complete gmic folders under plugins. lots of files in there, especially the qt version.

looks like this:

[Image: gjDKNeG.jpg]
under C:\Users\admin\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins\
there is only gmic177
and the gimp/gmic GIU is working properly when i apply the retinex filter to an image.

sorry i can send image, the system told me attachment to big for a simple cut&paste of the screen in jpeg format !!!
You have me beat, but then I do not use Windows anymore. Some questions, maybe someone can help.

How are you running DIEGO_ENHANCE_PseudoHdrEffect.py ? Is that from the menu entry, (Diego)

You have installed as 'admin' rather than a user - is that correct and why?

A quick search and that (Exec format error) crops up with bash files - are you using your own python script.
If you are, best if you post it as code.

Attaching images, should be ok up to 500 kB. Otherwise use a file sharing service such as https://imgur.com/
yesterday, i installed diego_enhance_pseudoHDREffect., but, i did not run it.
My goal is to automate the image preprocessing.

Yes, my account is admin.
My laptop is running on windows 10, and, i kept the user name set by the pc-seller.

for this case, the python script is completely void
def GimpFilter.process(InputFile):

I am calling the python-fu script from the command:
C:\\Program Files\\GIMP 2\\bin\\gimp-console-2.8.exe" -idf --batch-interpreter python-fu-eval -b "import sys;sys.path=['.']+sys.path;import GimpFilter;GimpFilter.process('" + InputFile +"')"

Thank you for you trial.