Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scanner app
Greetings
I am a new user.  Used to use PS 7 or so, but with any changes in computer can no longer register my copy....

One thing I liked in PS was the scanner app.  The one in GIMP seems much more primitive.
Does this mean I don't know how to use it to the fullest, or it is more primitive?
I am no genius at this, but I could easily change some settings and dpi.  This one seems less detailed.

Is there something fancier available, or you reckon I should get "fancy" with the post-scan manipulation.

I do want to remark that the changes in nomenclature make it take some time to adjust from PS.  Yeah, yeah, yeah....read the manual.

denno
Quote:..One thing I liked in PS was the scanner app. The one in GIMP seems much more primitive.
Does this mean I don't know how to use it to the fullest, or it is more primitive?

Does this mean that you have the Gimp 2.10.x TWAIN plugin working? As far as I was aware, it was hopelessly broken.
If you have it working can you give more details of Windows OS (7 or 10 and 32 bit or 64 bit), scanner make and model It would be useful to know & can help others. A screenshot might be useful.

Quote:I am no genius at this, but I could easily change some settings and dpi. This one seems less detailed.

It is a TWAIN plugin that links to the software provided by the scanner manufacturer. All the settings are in the scanner interface.

Quote:Is there something fancier available, or you reckon I should get "fancy" with the post-scan manipulation.

You probably need to spend some money and buy a copy of Vuescan for Windows. However the software provided by the scanner manufacture should be more than adequate. Scan / Save / Open in Gimp 2.10