Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
smooth change any number 0 to 9 to next number
Is there a tutorial on how to change  (0 to 1) so that 0 change into 1 with 2 or 3 steps, with neon colours.

Want to use it for time keeping
(10-21-2021, 08:09 AM)hendrikbez Wrote: Is there a tutorial on how to change  (0 to 1) so that 0 change into 1 with 2 or 3 steps, with neon colours.

Sorry, I don't really understand your question... (at least what you want to exactly achieve)
Are you speaking about Filters ➤ Edge-detect ➤ Neon...?
What do you want to achieve? a new layer each time? run a script? 0 to 1 ➤ on a clock or the Neon filter setting?
Please can you extend your explanations Wink, maybe a Screenshot?
(10-21-2021, 08:20 AM)PixLab Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 08:09 AM)hendrikbez Wrote: Is there a tutorial on how to change  (0 to 1) so that 0 change into 1 with 2 or 3 steps, with neon colours.

I don't understand your question...
Are you speaking about Filters ➤ Edge-detect ➤ Neon...?
What do you want to achieve? a new layer each time? run a script? 0 to 1 ➤ on a clock or the Neon filter setting?
Please can you extend your explanations Wink, maybe a Screenshot?

I an new to this.

1. Want to try it in neon colours
2.  I want to use numbers from 0-9
3.  I want to use it on a watch
4.  If I start with 0 it will then go to one and so on
5. So if it change from 0 to 1 or 2 to 3. I want it to chance smoothly from 0 into 1, not just 0 then 1 like normal.  It must look like 0 change into 1 with a few images (start with first image 0 then 0 and 1 together, then next image is then 1.  (I can see it in my head, do you understand what I am trying to accomplice with it)

Do not have screenshot
Ok, I think I understood, you might want a .gif where each hour is spared with ~55/59 minutes with a full neon on that hour, then for the next 5 minutes(or last minute) you start the next number with Neon slowly increasing the effect while the active number is decreasing the Neon effect, am I right? (all that on a 9 hours clock)

If so, give me some time to come up with an active example Wink
(10-21-2021, 08:54 AM)PixLab Wrote: Ok, I think I understood, you might want a .gif where each hour is spared with ~55/59 minutes with a full neon on that hour, then for the next 5 minutes(or last minute) you start the next number with Neon slowly increasing the effect while the active number is decreasing the Neon effect, am I right? (all that on a 9 hours clock)

Yes thank you, that is what I need
(10-21-2021, 09:04 AM)hendrikbez Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 08:54 AM)PixLab Wrote: Ok, I think I understood, you might want a .gif where each hour is spared with ~55/59 minutes with a full neon on that hour, then for the next 5 minutes(or last minute) you start the next number with Neon slowly increasing the effect while the active number is decreasing the Neon effect, am I right? (all that on a 9 hours clock)

Yes thank you, that is what I need

I'm on it Wink
I did a quicky (I've some friends which just stop by home to drink some beers), and I kind of forget to use .gif

roughly in the beginning
Balck BG, then ellipse tool make a circle (start to drag then Ctrl+Shift to get a perfect circle from the center)
Select ➤ to Path
Then Text tool write 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 (with space), then right click on the text layer To path (if don't do a perfect circle ➤ Ctrl+Z ➤ resize the text
Then rotate tool with path selected (in tool options) to put the 0 at the top

Nothe the "Main" for the gif:
duplicate name it "0 normal" select the 0 with a select tool (see in the "Channels" on the example) my selection
duplicate name it "0 neon 0" ➤ neon tool to 0
Sub:
Duplicate "0 normal" name it "0 neon 1" ➤ Ctrl+Shift+F ➤ to call again neon tool, Hit Ctrl and put your mouse on the slider and use the mouse wheel to decrease/increase to 1 (by usingCtrl + mouse wheel it will decrease by 1 and NOT by 0.01 Wink = way faster)
Duplicate "0 normal" name it "0 neon 2" then same as above, repeat all the zero, up to ten, then do "Main and Sub for 1, repeat for 2 etc...

Once it's done export as... put the .gif extension
and follow the parameters below EXCEPT the time/Delay between frames ➤ input 360000 (every 6mn) as gif seems to not handle different laps, so you will have an average

2 xcf (quite large) to download there ➤ https://www.filemail.com/d/ggprtmjdifkfkuz (1 is with layer-group, but can't be in indexed Mode Image ➤ Mode ➤ Indexed.. to become a gif, but you will see the full process, the other one is cleaner to remove parasite layers for the gif)

Result (minimized on 0 and 1 and accelerated at 400 milliseconds instead of minutes)

(10-21-2021, 11:06 AM)PixLab Wrote: I did a quicky (I've some friends which just stop by home to drink some beers), and I kind of forget to use .gif

roughly in the beginning
Balck BG, then ellipse tool make a circle (start to drag then Ctrl+Shift to get a perfect circle from the center)
Select ➤ to Path
Then Text tool write 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 (with space), then right click on the text layer To path (if don't do a perfect circle ➤ Ctrl+Z ➤ resize the text
Then rotate tool with path selected (in tool options) to put the 0 at the top

Nothe the "Main" for the gif:
duplicate name it "0 normal" select the 0 with a select tool (see in the "Channels" on the example) my selection
duplicate name it "0 neon 0" ➤ neon tool to 0
Sub:
Duplicate "0 normal" name it "0 neon 1" ➤ Ctrl+Shift+F ➤ to call again neon tool, Hit Ctrl and put your mouse on the slider and use the mouse wheel to decrease/increase to 1 (by usingCtrl + mouse wheel it will decrease by 1 and NOT by 0.01 Wink = way faster)
Duplicate "0 normal" name it "0 neon 2" then same as above, repeat all the zero, up to ten, then do "Main and Sub for 1, repeat for 2 etc...

Once it's done export as... put the .gif extension
and follow the parameters below EXCEPT the time/Delay between frames ➤ input 360000 (every 6mn) as gif seems to not handle different laps, so you will have an average

2 xcf (quite large) to download there ➤ https://www.filemail.com/d/ggprtmjdifkfkuz (1 is with layer-group, but can't be in indexed Mode Image ➤ Mode ➤ Indexed.. to become a gif, but you will see the full process, the other one is cleaner to remove parasite layers for the gif)

Result (minimized on 0 and 1 and accelerated at 400 milliseconds instead of minutes)

Thank you, will work with this. You are great