Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strange behaviour
I am using GIMP 2.10. on windows 10 64 bit platform. I find when I add a layer mask with black transparency the square  is white and when I add layer mask with white full opacity the rectangle is black. The whole thing has got reversed. I have tried reloading gimp but the problem persisits. Can anyone tell me why this is happening.
Got o Edit>Preferences>Interface>Dialog defaults. Scroll right panel down to Add layer mask dialog (about half way down the list). Untick the Invert mask box.

These settings are kept in your Gimp profile on the disk. This directory is not erased when you uninstall, and is re-used when you re-install, so re-installing Gimp rarely fixes this kind of problems. There are several options in the Preferences dialog to reset Gimp to "factory settings".
(09-12-2020, 07:16 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Got o Edit>Preferences>Interface>Dialog defaults. Scroll right panel down to Add layer mask dialog (about half way down the list). Untick the Invert mask box.

These settings are kept in your Gimp profile on the disk. This directory is not erased when you uninstall, and is re-used when you re-install, so re-installing Gimp rarely fixes this kind of problems. There are several options in the Preferences dialog to reset Gimp to "factory settings".

Thank you so much. It worked and I am really grateful. I have been racking my brains.
An easier way Wink

(09-12-2020, 07:29 AM)rich2005 Wrote: An easier way Wink

This I think will do it only for that session.