Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tools are all grayed out
Good Evening

I am very new to GIMP, and new to picture editing.   The entire tool bar is grayed out.  I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it.  The same thing.  I had it the very day that I installed it.  Closed it, and then reopened a couple of days later.  I have not played with setting at all..

What is something that I can check?  I am really liking the gimp to make thumbnails for YT.

Attached Files Image(s)

Does this happen with all images? Or with some specific ones?

Otherwise, can you still go to Edit ➤ Preferences ➤ Tool options and Edit ➤ Preferences ➤ Input devices and hit  the big Reset saved... options in each?
Quote:...I have not played with setting at all..

Must have some tweaking to get those extra toolbox icons, they are not default. I could be wrong but it looks to me like OP has set light theme - symbolic icons - some extra tool box icons from Edit -> Preferences.

Of course this is set in the User Profile and remains between repeated installations.
Thank you Rich2005, your worked. It is now in color again. I am trying to learn gimp, but the YT that I have watched are all on older version (well that is what it appears to be). None of the screens match up to the screens that I have showing.

I am trying to create thumbnails for my YT channel that I have. I have gone to FIverr and well they are good, the two that I have done work for me, well are very good. So instead of spending a lot of money, I am trying to do it on my own.

Any input that you have would be good...
logos by nick is always a good source for examples: This one is about YT logos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcWUpEbpdng

for icons, often Gimp is not the best tool. Inkscape and vector images (SVG) are better.