Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
webexport.exe can not be found
When starting gimp 2.10.6 there will be a message: can not find access point of procedure pthread_setname_np in DLL file. C: \ program files \ gimp2 \ bin \ libglib-2.0-0.dll. and the same  for gmic_gimp.exe.
How do I get rid of this message?
windows 10 32 bit.
You installed Gimp 2.10 over an existing Gimp 2.8 ?

Looks like you have old Gimp 2.8 files mixed up with new Gimp 2.10 files. Especially that old gmic_gimp.exe file is never going to work in Windows 2.10

While you could possibly delete any old files, a clean installation is a good way to go.

The procedure is:

1. Uninstall Gimp 2.10.6 using the Windows uninstaller.
2. Use Windows explorer and if the folder C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\ remains delete it.
3. Delete the Gimp 2.10 profile C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\
4. Rename the old Gimp 2.8 profile C:\Users\your_name\.gimp-2.8 to C:\Users\your_name\.ggimp-2.8 This stops Gimp 2.10 copying over old (and non working) resources.
5. Install Gimp 2.10.6 again
6. Run Gimp to create a new default Gimp profile

If you need the gmic_gimp plugin go to http://www.gmic.eu and download the latest 32bit installer for Gimp 2.10 The installer correctly installs to the Gimp 2.10 user profile, well away from the system files.
I had put the new version about the old 2.8 two weeks ago. When I received the error message, I removed 2.10 and manually removed the gimp 2.8 in users.
and gimp 2.10 there again the error message kept coming up. Then via IObit uninstaller the program gimp again agglutated. Then again the latest version of gimp 2.10.6 was set up yesterday but the error persisted.
Manual followed as described, also searched and removed all gimp residue via a search tool in users.
It now works flawlessly.

thank you.