Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disabling "Expand from Center" shortcut
Sorry, didn't realize anyone answered.

Well I didn't use to have this issue with 2.8 version. Maybe they changed the shortcut bindings? I don't know.

Anyway, I do pixel spriting for units for a certain game, which basically just involves moving/mashing tiny parts around. Rectangle select is my primary tool as this type of editing revolves around selecting a few pixels at a time then copying elsewhere and such. 

I've included an example image. You can see that all the sprites in each column have the exact same basis, then various little color variations, alerations and/or accessories. So it involves using rectangle and free select tool to copy a shield over to another spite, to recolor something, delete a few pixels, etc. Even just literally selecting a pixel at a time to move/shade, etc.

A lot of what I do with rectangle select can be done with free select too, or other tools, but it is fairly slower. For example instead of selecting erase tool and then slowly erasing something, it's easier to just ractangle select sometihng in half a sec and cut it out.
So if you've got any helpful tips, I'd be very grateful.

[Image: wY4kh8x.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disabling "Expand from Center" shortcut - by Executor - 03-19-2022, 03:07 PM