Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP 9.8 failed installaton
(01-24-2018, 10:28 PM)Espermaschine Wrote: dont re-quote everything every time and then type inside the quote, please

Hello, Espermaschine,

I clicked the "reply" button to compose my reply to rich, not the "quote" button, just as I have just now clicked the "reply" button to reply to your admonition, yet your post was quoted in my post.  I am quite sure of this.

If I am missing something, please let me know.  

Thank you,

Chaplain Mark

Rich,

I re-installed GIMP 2.9x tonight, and it opened and ran successfully, although it took a very long time to open, actually 7 minutes-plus.

This time however,  before attempting to open GIMP for the first time after the re-install, I re-started the computer first.

I really like the presence of hundreds of filters in this version of GIMP; they are a blast to play with.  And, I like the new grey background of the interface. 

Did notice however, the Topaz plugins will not run as there seems to be a misplaced directory.

Also, contrary to what you wrote about the Partha installer not setting a desktop shortcut, a dialogue did indeed appear during installation which gave the option to create a shortcut, which I ticked.

Later on, I will attempt to troubleshoot that mis-placed or missing Topaz directory; if you want to offer me a pointer on how to do so, that would be lovely.

As you know, my computer skills are just average, but I do enjoy stretching my brain to learn sumpthin' new..... Smile

Thanks again for your help so far, me appreciates it...!!

Chaplain Mark

BTW, when I hit the reply button, the post to which I am replying auto-quotes in my reply.  In order to not quote the earlier post, I had to manually delete the quoted text, which is cumbersome.
Let me know what you think of that, if you're of a mind....
Best Regards,
Chaplain Mark

-------------
'Tis better to have a camera and not need one, than to need a camera and not have one.

Messages In This Thread
GIMP 9.8 failed installaton - by Chaplain Mark - 01-24-2018, 06:19 PM
RE: GIMP 9.8 failed installaton - by dinasset - 01-24-2018, 06:51 PM
RE: GIMP 9.8 failed installaton - by rich2005 - 01-24-2018, 07:23 PM
RE: GIMP 9.8 failed installaton - by Chaplain Mark - 01-25-2018, 04:18 AM
RE: GIMP 9.8 failed installaton - by Ofnuts - 01-25-2018, 06:41 AM
RE: GIMP 9.8 failed installaton - by rich2005 - 01-25-2018, 08:42 AM
RE: GIMP 9.8 failed installaton - by Ofnuts - 01-26-2018, 10:50 PM