Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimplensfun for 2.10 crashes during launch of Gimp
Hello,
Since I performed the upgrade to Gimp 2.10 (Win10, 64bit), I'm no longer able to apply lens corrections with the Lensfun plugin. It worked perfectly with the various 2.8 versions.
As soon as the gimplensfun plugin is installed, it's even no longer possible to launch Gimp, the application throws an error message during the launch process ('The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application').
I'm aware that (a long time ago) there was also a problem with gimplensfun for Windows with the Gimp 2.8 version. The solution for that problem was to install a special version of libstdc++-6.dll, but that solution doesn't solve the issue with the 2.10 release of Gimp.
Lens correction is quite important in my use cases since I do a lot of architecture photography. It strikes me that I can't find anything on the internet about this issue. It's hard to believe that I would be the only person who uses this plugin, and who encounters this problem since the 2.10 version.
PS: I've tried with all 2.10 versions (initial release, 2.10.2 and recently 2.10.4) and the issue still persists. I've also tried already clean installs, but it doesn't help.
Any suggestions or solutions are highly appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Gimplensfun for 2.10 crashes during launch of Gimp - by i5963c - 07-09-2018, 03:09 PM