Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mouse scroll wheel button settings
Hello,
   I have the mouse scroll wheel set for zoom in and zoom out. The scroll wheel button is still set to the default grab to pan setting. This is what I want. Unfortunately, if the scroll wheel button is held and the scroll wheel encoder moves up or down by a detent the screen pans a large amount in one totally useless jump. How do I disable this? I have gone through Edit>Preferences>Input Devices>Input Controllers>Main Mounse Wheel/Mouse Buttons. The wheel section does not list the wheel button or scroll+button combo and under the buttons section I am having a hard time figuring out what the buttons relate to. There are more button buttons listed than the 3 I have, and they are named using a convention that appears very mysterious. I have 3 buttons, and I'm given options for 8-12. What happened to 1-7, or more importantly, my 1-3, and how am I supposed to know what a button number is. The designated English nomenclature is left button, right button, center button?
 How do I disable the scroll wheel encoder operation while the center button/pan funtion is held, or force it to pan and zoom in and out without skipping around to some useless distant location?

GIMP 2.8.22
Ubuntu 18.04.1

Messages In This Thread
mouse scroll wheel button settings - by Jake - 12-01-2018, 09:51 PM