Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alpha transparency space in borders for stickers.
(01-03-2019, 10:00 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:..As they state: "If you'd  like to use a single image file for every product, we'd recommend starting with 7632x6480 pixels (suitable for our king size duvet covers)"

The only comment I will make about that is, "Are you likely to print a king-size-duvet"

Scaling down is better than scaling up but at the same time scaling down is still throwing away pixels and degrading the image (unless that company does something special)
You would not normally want to scale down more than half size.

I see exactly what you're saying and it makes sense. Will the resolution of the original digitized file will uphold to the dimensions of a duvet. Will it look good, not pixalated or blurry.   

They say in the Dimensions and Format page, first paragraphs:

"Dimensions

A good rule of thumb is that big, high-resolution files make the best prints. Now when we say ‘big’, we're really referring to resolution, not the file’s size. There is a major difference between file size, which is measured in bytes (like megabytes MB) and resolution, which is measured in pixels. When you’re printing work, it’s the pixels that matter." - What about PPI? - 

What I do, is I grab my artwork, and then I take a photograph - 23 megapixels camera resolution and 5520x4144 pixels - (no scanning available yet), process it with Gimp, and I make the "Big File" - 7632x6480 - and upload it. Because there are 56 available products you can sell, that means around 50 different files with different dimensions and resolutions you can upload. People will buy duvets, scarves, stickers, leggings, whatsoever if they like the design. 

Do the 7632x6480 file size I send will lose quality on a 1700x1700 pixel large sticker? How many PPI should I use in this large file size? 

If I send them a file with 1 mega PPI will they have trouble down sampling to 200 PPI or like they say "high-resolution files make the best prints" and it will be useful to their printers, not deteriorating?

If they say you can send em a 7632x6480 file size does that mean they have state of the art downsamplers that will do just that without any major visible issues? What about PPI for a file that's 7632x6480 ? 

I have exhausted all my options I think it's time to start writing Customer Service. Like you guys said in a previous post, but this is not a commercial service, it's a web page company service where you pay a slice of the cost of your sells, not upfront, so the customer service is not as good.

I'd like to work with the 7632x6480 file size, so I can sell all products, and make only one file, not 50, but I don't want the products to look cheap or low quality. Then when I have time I will design for specific products that have different dimensions. I have been only 2 months working with this platform. But since I use all my stuff from all my Artwork (Hand Drawn, Inskcape, Pro Motion NG, Digital Photos, Gimp, Scans of Physical Photos) It works best with one size only, since there's only one size to my work.

Thanks for all the help with this issue in particular. 

If there's anything else that seems like a loose end and I could ask Customer Service, please post it, it is much appreciated and of great help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alpha transparency space in borders for stickers. - by Tetragram - 01-03-2019, 05:01 PM