Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how can I make GIF over a static image?
(09-27-2020, 09:54 AM)rich2005 Wrote: The dino gif has 96 layers and the background needs removal from each layer. There is no really easy way.
But first....
The gif is optimised. Use Filters -> Animation -> Unoptimise which creates a new image where every layer is complete.
Change the new image to RGB for editing purposes. Image -> Mode -> RGB and save as a working .xcf image.

Then up to you how the background is removed. Some options, there will be other options. On a layer-by-layer basis
  • The most labour intensive Use the eraser tool to remove the background
  • Make a good initial selection to delete the background. Subsequent layers, modify the selection using quick mask.
  • The g'mic plugin interactive background removal, keeps adjustable settings between editing each layer.
Once you have all 96 layers complete, that new background is a gif, convert it to RGB and resize down to the same size as the dino image.
As previous post there are scripts/plugins to add that to each layer before re-exporting as an animated gif.

Hi. I think, by common sense, The most challenging part is removing the background of the dinosaur, and
the computer won't be able to know where is the background. How should I select and delete the background
while preserving the outline of the dinosaur??

btw, first, I am very inexperienced. What does a gif is optimised mean?

Execute the GIMP program
and then File>Open> Dinosaur.gif
and then Filters -> Animation -> Unoptimise

Problem happens here, after "Unoptimise" there is only one frame I can find, I can't find out where is other freames

Messages In This Thread
RE: how can I make GIF over a static image? - by kenny1999 - 09-27-2020, 08:49 PM