Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how can I make GIF over a static image?
(09-28-2020, 10:26 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
(09-28-2020, 09:57 AM)kenny1999 Wrote: After unoptimising the gif, there is only one image I can find within GIMP, I do not know how to do next.
Would you tell me the steps in more detailed? I am really very inexperienced

You have 96 layers there. Each is a separate image making up the animation. You can check that using Filters -> Animation -> Playback

You will need to edit each of those layers in turn. To make it easier turn all the Layer visibility off using shift-click on the top 'eyeball' icon then  as you work down the layers just have the layer you are working on visible.

I just finished a couple of demos, one was for unoptimising, so I can dump that one.

This one, maybe the easiest way for a Gimp novice, using the foreground select tool `Tools -> Selection Tools -> Foreground Select'  https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-tool-...elect.html

This a demo using foreground select. Does what it says, so invert the eventual selection for the background.  https://i.imgur.com/E4fbzjC.mp4

This still took me a minute for one layer, so reckon on a few hours work. One thing is certain, you will be an expert after all 96 layers.

Quote: btw, I am now using G'mic to try to remove the background of the dinosaur gif , but looks like
it isn't a smart way, I need to remove the background of each image and the result is not satisfactory,
is there alternative way to batch remove the background? Since the dinosaur has its color mostly different
from the background, is there any way to remove a certain color to transparency in a batch way?

No, you think the dinosaur is different but it is still made up of red / green / blue. You will remove part of the dino,

Hi...

I mean, the dinosaur has color generally and visually different from its background (e.g. blue and white sky, and green grass). Is it possible to batch remove color close to blue/white and green first?

or do I still have to remove background of each image (and manually repeat for all 96 images)?

Messages In This Thread
RE: how can I make GIF over a static image? - by kenny1999 - 09-28-2020, 11:45 AM