Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resynthesize not appearing in menu
(01-25-2021, 04:58 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Python plugins are the same in Windows or Linux All the plugins you mention are reliant on a working resynthesizer plugin and that is dependent on OS.  I only include the two - heal selection and heal transparency as they are the most useful / widely used. The others are, in my opinion, not so good. There are better ways to sharpen for example.

Well, I would like to emphasize how much I appreciate your taking the time to try and help me. After reading the additional discussion that you linked to, I guess the main takeaway that I get is "don't upgrade my (gimp)  version level on my Windows system"...since all my coveted legacy functionality still works there, I should savor the moment  and not tamper with success....lol!

It's a shame that the Linux and Gimp communities are getting factional, and disinterested in the needs of each other. I recall pretty much the same thing years ago as the OS/2 community melted down.....conflicting *.DLL files that insisted upon being in a particular directory, one version would break functionality in some apps, while the other, identically named, version would only work in others, with both breaking the functionality of each other as part of the bargain....it did not end well.  The knoppix community appears to be dysfunctional as well. The forums at their official site are mostly a ghost town (you need moderator approval for your first post to appear, and from what I gather there has been no moderator present for over 6 months) Only a few die hard users that have been in the system for  years are still posting there, and even that is sparce. 

I down loaded the gimp AppImage you linked to,  copied it to /usr/bin, and when trying to execute it through a terminal, I get the error message "error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".....

It looks like the fix for that is really more complicated than I had in mind for the purposes of this thread, so I guess I'll just have to rely upon my obsolete windows gimp to get that sort of thing done.

Your willingness to help is, however, sincerely appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rickk - 01-24-2021, 09:49 PM
RE: Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rickk - 01-25-2021, 03:38 PM
RE: Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rickk - 01-25-2021, 04:44 PM
RE: Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rickk - 01-25-2021, 10:38 PM
RE: Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rickk - 01-26-2021, 04:59 PM
RE: Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rickk - 01-26-2021, 10:42 PM
RE: Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rickk - 01-27-2021, 02:49 PM