Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange results from cropping (looks like a bug)
(10-07-2021, 05:23 PM)nelo Wrote: Have you set your crop tool to delete the cropped pixels?
(There is anew feature since ? to delete /just not show those pixels)

Well now!  That does appear to explain it.  Looks like that means the way it has always worked in the past became a new option. What might be the rationale for doing that?

Anyway, glad to now know how to do what I've always done in the past.  Many thanks for cluing me in.

(10-07-2021, 05:26 PM)rich2005 Wrote: I must admit I got lost off with the GOOD and the BAD, however

When posting screenshots of issues include the tool options and layers in the images. So many things in your work flow affect the result. Crop with allow growing on or off. Crop with delete cropped pixels  on or off.  Canvas size with width / height linked not linked.  Size of the layers (obviously different as shot 1 & 2 are single layer 3 & 4 are two layers)

I can get #4 easily with the Image -> Canvas size by adding to the initial values or multiplying factor to the initial values depending on what I want. Uniform size border or retain aspect ratio.
My apologies.  I did find it difficult to explain.  Especially when I didn't know how to (properly) describe what seemed to be happening.  I was trying to limit the amount of information in the screen shots, thinking that might make it less confusing.  Sounds like that simply didn't work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strange results from cropping (looks like a bug) - by ajax - 10-08-2021, 02:18 AM