Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
place text on path, unwanted border on text
(12-05-2021, 10:22 PM)bbxrider Wrote: and there's another problem for my intentions, the ofn solution doesn't have the
ability to select bold with the font, even if I somehow figure out how to fill in the basic text
as per the demo.
Because "Bold" isn't really an "option". There are boldface variants of fonts (which aren't always called "Bold"), for instance "Noto Sans" has "Noto Sans Bold", " "Noto Sans Semi-Bold", while "Noto Sans Display" has ""Noto Sans Display Heavy" variants. So in the text tool when you select "Bold", Gimp picks one of these...In the script, you just tell which one you want.

For the voids in the selection where the characters overlap:
  • This is due to the script not working like the original "Text-along-path" function. The script only rotates characters while the original function distorts them.
  • You can avoid some of the overlap by increasing the spacing (there is a parameter in the script for this)
  • You can also use my "ofn-text-path-selection" script to get a proper selection

Messages In This Thread
RE: place text on path, unwanted border on text - by Ofnuts - 12-06-2021, 08:30 AM