Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dotted box around Text -- how do I get rid of it?
This is the most basic of questions, I realize.  I just downloaded GIMP yesterday and am an old woman who is not tech-savvy.  I created a new file and added some text.  A dotted box now appears around the text and I can't get the dots to go away.  I tried right clicking on both the text box and elsewhere on the screen after adding the text, thinking that would deselect the text.  It did not.  I tried clicking on the text tool, thinking perhaps that would turn off the text tool.  It did not.  I tried clicking on another tool, thinking that might deselect the text.  It did not.  I did a right click and chose Selection within the text box, but the None box is grayed out.  Finally, I saved the new file with the box around the text, thinking the box would go away after I saved the file.  I opened the file and the dotted box is still around the text.  

Can someone please help me?  I know I will do a DUH when someone tells me the answer, lol.  Thank you for whatever help you can provide.

Victoria

Messages In This Thread
Dotted box around Text -- how do I get rid of it? - by Serenevictoria - 05-29-2022, 10:22 AM