Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bizarre pixel brush - how to recreate?
hello! i use gimp as my primary drawing tool, and while trying to make a lazy 2 pixel large square brush using the clipboard (drawing a two pixel large square, copying it to my clipboard, and just using it as a brush like that) i ended up getting some incredibly bizarre brush behavior out of it.

the brush i created acts something like a weird in-between of 1px and 2px, but only when i'm using the version directly from the clipboard - if i select clipboard mask, the brush acts the way i had expected it to in the first place.

[Image: brush%20weirdness.png]
now, i actually rather like this bizarre and crunchy looking brush, but there's a bit of a problem: i can't change its color until after it's on the canvas (i could also, of course, change the color of the 2px square on the clipboard and copy that, but that's a few extra steps that can add up to a LOT of extra time spent...). i can change the color of the clipboard mask version of the brush, but that looks completely different!

i don't really entirely understand how brushes on gimp work, so perhaps i'm missing something obvious here, but - is it possible to get the look of the brush on the LEFT side of the image but still have the ability to pick its color?

Messages In This Thread
bizarre pixel brush - how to recreate? - by wrongwarp - 05-30-2022, 07:30 PM