Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to gimp, having trouble importing images
Quote:I confirm that you can drag and drop directly from Finder(*) to the layer's stack (layer's dialog) ...snip...
(*) AKA Caja for the MATE DE on Linux, Window Explorer? for the M$ Windows system

Wink Did you actually do this in a MacOS ? I am sure it does work.

If you look at the video that was referenced, 22 minutes but you only need the first couple of minutes.

A video file is opened in VLC
A frame is captured using VLC snapshot - a typical graphic file vlcsnap-long-time-stamp.jpg - nothing special there.
The graphics file is dragged from the filemanager ( Finder) into the canvas (not the layers).

Why people make videos with a black theme and almost impossible to follow I do not know (that is a rhetorical question).

..That dropped in graphic is the vlcsnap file not birmingham...something ?  Gimp uses a magick number to identify a file type, so that birmingham file must be recognised. I have tried all-ways to break a file so that icon appears without luck.

My guess is a broken file or possibly a MacOS security "feature" - I do not know.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New to gimp, having trouble importing images - by rich2005 - 11-26-2023, 10:32 AM