Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are instructions for how to actually USE Plug-Ins?
(02-08-2024, 04:18 AM)galen Wrote: @rich2005

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Opening the file in a text-editor doesn't give any more information regarding the path of the Plug-In other than the first method you described though. Also, where is more information about the "Path References", like "<vectors>" please?

I probably use viewing a text script / plugin to find its menu location as much as anything else. If I am trying out a new one, then I look at it when installing in the appropriate user folder. A bit easier since I use linux. Otherwise look at the Help -> Plug-in Browser entry.

Most are obvious, you hit on <vectors> = paths which is not so clear. Others easy to grasp. Some examples.

brushmanager, menu="<Brushes>" a context, right click in the brushes dock

"RMA_path_blend" "<Image>/Filters/Render" <Image> is very common. It is the main menu and following that it is the menu location.

python_fu_fontasia, menu = "<Image>/Windows/" In the Windows drop down. Not often used.

script-fu-scale_pattern" "<Patterns>/Scale Pattern..." Another right-click context in the patterns dock.

Then some that claim their territory and make their own entry(s) in the main menu.
menu="<Image>/Diego/Ancillary/Colours"

The great thing about this system is, you can edit the script and change the menu entry to where you want it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where are instructions for how to actually USE Plug-Ins? - by rich2005 - 02-08-2024, 09:28 AM