Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to install GIMP for portable usage?
(03-04-2018, 09:53 AM)rich2005 Wrote: ...

Edit No.2 I see Partha does have a Portable Gimp 2.9.8/9 http://www.partha.com - have you tried that one.

The one from Partha was pretty easy to unpack (i.e., unzip) and run.  It seems to work but only minimal use so far.  A few observations based on this limited experience.  The size is 500MB where as the version I'd been running (i.e., conventional 2.9.8) is 340MB.  The files located on the C: drive, that I'm trying to get rid of, represent a mere half of a MB.  Why the difference?  I did notice that there is a folder named "frameworks" in Partha's distribution which doesn't exist in any of the others I've used which consumes 180MB of storage.  Any idea what "frameworks" is about?

Also, per this post I tried to include the help files but I can't even get access from the Menu>Help much less context sensitive help.  I also observe that the directory structure deviates a bit more than the mere presence of the "frameworks" folder mentioned above.  The path to the folder named "share" differs a bit from other installations but I went ahead and placed the help folder as a sub-folder of .../share/gimp/2.0.

Messages In This Thread
How to install GIMP for portable usage? - by ajax - 03-04-2018, 01:39 AM
RE: How to install GIMP for portable usage? - by ajax - 03-04-2018, 08:07 PM