Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bucket fill is tinting my entire image
(11-07-2018, 10:33 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: The bucket fill has two modes: Fill whole selection, and Fill similar colors and . With the first mode it abides to the selection. With the second it ignores the selection (see that second mode as being a combined Select by color+Bucket-fill selection).

Since you are using that Fill similar colors option, with a large threshold to boot,  the Select by color part selects about everything (and is sensitive to where you click...).

IMHO what you want is:
  • Color select the white spots
  • Invert the selection
  • Bucket-fil the selection

I could understand if the bucket fill was filling similar colors, but it is affecting EVERY color in the image, even colors that are nowhere close to each other as in this instance, and it is just lightly tinting them, not actually “filling” them… even with a much lower threshold. This is not how bucket fill is supposed to function, and I’m trying to find out why it is doing that, and how to stop it, not how to bucket fill the image I showed you. :-)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bucket fill is tinting my entire image - by HavingTooMuchFun - 11-08-2018, 02:05 AM