Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which are the files responsible for the menu on Gimp 2.6?
(01-06-2020, 01:46 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: You need the file-* executables in one of the plug-ins directory. You can check the contents of the pluginrc in your Gimp profile to see if they are listed. You  should have something like:

Code:
(plug-in-def "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/file-png" 1494589443
   (proc-def "file-png-load" 1
        "Loads files in PNG file format"
        "This plug-in loads Portable Network Graphics (PNG) files."
        "Michael Sweet <mike@easysw.com>, Daniel Skarda <0rfelyus@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>"
        "Michael Sweet <mike@easysw.com>, Daniel Skarda <0rfelyus@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>, Nick Lamb <njl195@zepler.org.uk>"
        "1.3.4 - 03 September 2002"
        "PNG image"
       (icon stock-id -1 "")
       (load-proc
           (extension "png")
           (magic "0,string,‰PNG\r\n\032\n")
           (mime-type "image/png"))
        ""
        3 1
       (proc-arg 0 "run-mode" "The run mode { RUN-INTERACTIVE (0), RUN-NONINTERACTIVE (1) }")
       (proc-arg 4 "filename" "The name of the file to load")
       (proc-arg 4 "raw-filename" "The name of the file to load")
       (proc-arg 13 "image" "Output image"))

I had copied my entire .gimp from the other Linux distro , and hence the pluginrc file from there.

It had things like:
Code:
(plug-in-def "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/file-jpeg" 1354823336

However, I did not copy my /usr/lib/gimp dir from the other distro.

When I run gimp, it erases it and creates a new pluginrc without nothing on it.

I decided to first copy my entire /usr/lib/gimp from the other distro to /usr/lib and test it with the pluginrc from the other distro.

When I did that, countless error messages appeared. These are the first one third or similar.

Code:
../../../../glib/goption.c:2393: ignoring no-arg, optional-arg or filename flags (8) on option of arg-type 0 in entry (null):debug-handlers
LibGimpModule-Message: 17:47:34.908: Module '/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/modules/libcolor-selector-cmyk.so' load error: liblcms.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
LibGimpModule-Message: 17:47:34.909: Module '/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/modules/libdisplay-filter-proof.so' load error: liblcms.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
LibGimpModule-Message: 17:47:34.913: Module '/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/modules/libdisplay-filter-lcms.so' load error: liblcms.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
LibGimpModule-Message: 17:47:34.919: Module '/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/modules/libcontroller-linux-input.so' load error: libhal.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/file-mng: error while loading shared libraries: libmng.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(gimp-2.6:4316): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: 17:47:35.985: gimp-2.6: gimp_wire_read(): error
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/file-tiff-load: error while loading shared libraries: libtiff.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(gimp-2.6:4316): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: 17:47:36.226: gimp-2.6: gimp_wire_read(): error
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/file-xjt: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.62: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(gimp-2.6:4316): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: 17:47:36.316: gimp-2.6: gimp_wire_read(): error
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/help-browser: error while loading shared libraries: libwebkit-1.0.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(gimp-2.6:4316): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: 17:47:36.373: gimp-2.6: gimp_wire_read(): error
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/file-jpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.62: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which are the files responsible for the menu on Gimp 2.6? - by kromak - 01-11-2020, 05:54 PM