Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which are the files responsible for the menu on Gimp 2.6?
(01-11-2020, 05:54 PM)kromak Wrote: I had copied my entire .gimp from the other Linux distro , and hence the pluginrc file from there.

It had things like:
Code:
(plug-in-def "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/file-jpeg" 1354823336

However, I did not copy my /usr/lib/gimp dir from the other distro.

When I run gimp, it erases it and creates a new pluginrc without nothing on it.

I decided to first copy my entire /usr/lib/gimp from the other distro to /usr/lib and test it with the pluginrc from the other distro.

When I did that, countless error messages appeared. These are the first one third or similar.

Code:
../../../../glib/goption.c:2393: ignoring no-arg, optional-arg or filename flags (8) on option of arg-type 0 in entry (null):debug-handlers
LibGimpModule-Message: 17:47:34.908: Module '/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/modules/libcolor-selector-cmyk.so' load error: liblcms.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
LibGimpModule-Message: 17:47:34.909: Module '/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/modules/libdisplay-filter-proof.so' load error: liblcms.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
LibGimpModule-Message: 17:47:34.913: Module '/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/modules/libdisplay-filter-lcms.so' load error: liblcms.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
LibGimpModule-Message: 17:47:34.919: Module '/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/modules/libcontroller-linux-input.so' load error: libhal.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/file-mng: error while loading shared libraries: libmng.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(gimp-2.6:4316): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: 17:47:35.985: gimp-2.6: gimp_wire_read(): error
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/file-tiff-load: error while loading shared libraries: libtiff.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(gimp-2.6:4316): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: 17:47:36.226: gimp-2.6: gimp_wire_read(): error
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/file-xjt: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.62: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(gimp-2.6:4316): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: 17:47:36.316: gimp-2.6: gimp_wire_read(): error
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/help-browser: error while loading shared libraries: libwebkit-1.0.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(gimp-2.6:4316): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: 17:47:36.373: gimp-2.6: gimp_wire_read(): error
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/file-jpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.62: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This is why there are package managers... they handle this kind of dependency chains for you.

Something that could work, or at least reduce the work: install the current Gimp from your distro repo. This will drag in a lot of these libraries, hopefully upward compatible with the ones that your Gimp 2.6 needs. Thenre replace the Gimp executable and the Gimp trees in /usr/lib and /usr/share with the ones from your 2.6.

Another solution its to explain us why you must at all costs run Gimp 2.6 so we can figure out alternate solutions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which are the files responsible for the menu on Gimp 2.6? - by Ofnuts - 01-11-2020, 08:33 PM