Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to extend an Image from side to side softening the hard edge of image
(07-22-2017, 10:03 AM)rich2005 Wrote: @Flesh
Sorry can not help with coding, I am just a dumb civ eng(ret) who once knew a bit of FORTRAN Wink

Another day, another look and I went back to the G'mic plugin. One of the filters might do it. In the repair section, solidify. Not a wonderful result, gives this.

[Image: ILgKhLz.jpg]

Found some 512x512 images, a couple of minutes to set things up, then for those 28 images 29 seconds for 28 layers. How many possible at one time depends on your computer resources.

A video of the process https://youtu.be/A4fzyeJLB6w 5 minutes

Several scripts/plugins mentioned. If the procedure is any use, let me know and I will dig out where to get them.

This done in Kubuntu 16.04 so should be no problem there.

Thanks, that was a great tutorial, I will see what happens when I load up a 33,333 images, maybe do it a 1000 at a time, at any rate I do believe the computer would crash if I tried to load too many at a time, I only have 32 GB of RAM. 

For some reason I was thinking this would be done from the command line one image at a time, I had no idea you do this in Layers, that is why I could not wrap my mind around how you did this above, but I learned something new and I appreciate the time you took to do this.

I think if I grab just the other corona as shown in one of the threads, it will look better, since I do not want to effect the Original Corona, but if I alpha over the original it may not matter, I was hoping to find a way to just paint to the Transparent new Canvas, without touching the original, as all I really want to do is fill past the hard edge to extend it, but what I can do is just alpha over the original, and that is done the easy way, so why make it harder then it needs to be. 

I remember FORTRAN, back in the 70's, we had to program on cards and work with a deck reader, in the 80's I got to work converting them to C++, because someone did not like FORTRAN, no idea why, its still in use today.

I have been working in Blender to see if there is a way to do this, no easy way with this many images, it took a week on one i7 computer server to render just the background and sun with no other processing, so far this technique is the only other way I can see to do it, but I have to try it and see what the results will look like.

Doing this by hand it looked more like Fire then a Corona, the corona changes slowly over time, its not Fire, its Electromagnetic Energy or Electrical in Nature, the Sun is not an Atomic Bomb nor does it Burn Hydrogen, that Science is for Fools who believe in the Dynamic Universe, I wrote a Book titled "The Principles of the Trinary Universe" about how the Sun actually works, if anyone is interested in knowing, the link is here:
http://trinaryuniversity.org/papers/

What I really need is an App that can center the Sun better, I would have to remove the date time line and alpha it over, currently I do this by hand, about 10% of all the images are jumping around as the Satellite makes corrections at 6 AM everyday, if NASA just zoomed out just a little I would not have to do this with the Corona, but I have to work with what I have, and this is the only source I can find for images of the Sun like this.

I got these here: https://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/data/aiahmi/ for those that are interested, and to make this thread more complete, if anyone knows of a better Public Domain repository I would be interested in the link. 

Thanks for all the Help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to extend an Image from side to side softening the hard edge of image - by Flesh - 07-22-2017, 07:56 PM