Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to extend an Image from side to side softening the hard edge of image
(07-23-2017, 07:34 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Not a tutorial, just my thoughts.

Thanks, I am reading about it now, I decided to go ahead and make the transparency, I used IM CLI:

mogrify -background transparent -gravity center -extent 4696x4096 -format png -path ../2016-png *.jpg

this gives me 300 px on each side, converts it from jpg to png so I can add transparent, from there I can apply the effect you mentioned above, wow is that slow, it will be done tomorrow sometime, 33,333 files is a lot of files, and that is just one year.

My thought is that even if I can find a way to do this in Blender, I need the Transparent side bars to work with, there are other tools out there like IM, that allows you to batch process images, but I cannot find any that automate a Smudge, and that is what works the best, so that is what I will search for tomorrow, as well as what you sent, I know I can fix this, its just how, and I want it to look real, I was toying with the idea of a Vignette, it would look better then a box, but it would not look real, yep, NASA screwed me on this one, I wonder whose idea it was to think that it did not matter if they filmed the whole Corona, I bet I am not first one that got annoyed about this.

I think I made the point that the Corona does not always create a Hard Line, so I do not want to add this effect unless it does, and I noticed that G`Mic has tools to do "if" checks, so it should be possible to use Gimp Script Fu, so I am reading about that as well.

Thanks for the help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to extend an Image from side to side softening the hard edge of image - by Flesh - 07-23-2017, 08:13 AM