Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aligning a pattern or texture from a line?
(11-17-2021, 12:05 AM)rickk Wrote: Just an unsolicited suggestion from the peanut gallery, but shaped gradients (spherical, dimpled) will follow the perimeter of whatever shape they are entered. Following is made with the "four bars" gradient that comes with gimp, but you could make your own  in colors and spacings that more  closely approximated shingles. What I did was to (after the fact) take a pattern of gravel, use "color to alpha" to remove the body color of the stones, leaving the grid lines only, and then bucket fill with a high threshold level that remaining grid over the top of the shaped gradient. Because the lines of the gradient dominate the image, the lines from the pattern drawn over them, appear subtle in comparison

[Image: f7KCQk7.gif]

Again, you'd want to draw your own source gradient to approximate roofing.  But if you make a lot of these, then I'm sure you would get good use out of it
FWIW

Thanks, Rickk. I may try this to provide a framework to lay the patterns on, but it does not solve the alignment problem. Tiles and other roofing generally follow the rule of being parallel with the roof peak or edge (or both in some cases). Getting patterns (or filters) to do that or not matter if they do that is the bigger issue for me.

- E

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aligning a pattern or texture from a line? - by eepjr24 - 11-17-2021, 05:04 PM