Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
place text on path, unwanted border on text
thanks for the ongoing replies
Been trying to narrow down things a bit

- took the slice plugin out of the system directory and put in the users directory, without being in a folder,
and it loaded ok from there

- downloaded and tried 2 other ofn plugins, but they did not load either
ofn-path-edits.py
ofn-rotate-layer.py

- been looking for some other stand alone .py plugin from other than ofn but have not found any yet to test

-ran gimp from the command line and no messaging showed up there

-will be attempting to run gimp in some type of debugging mode or environment to track what might be going on during the plugin loading phase, got a post in the python forum to see what they suggest

-because the ofn plugin names flash by when gimp loads, so its at least doing something with them, I'm hoping there's some flag or setting that some how got bad  and  can be remedied

-just a fyi for windows users, see attached, windows is flagging at least some downloads. there is no message when downloading or extracting the zip file. only the notice on the file properties. I was just checking to see if somehow there were file permissions that might interfere with gimp being able to load the plugin and saw the notice. sure enuf I clicked it as safe and the message went away and the file permissions seem fine, I have complete control for the plugins
I've never seen this before, but I don't usually use the official windows download folder. I suspect it might be something windows does when files are downloaded to the download directory but not other directories. will have to check that sometime

-glad to hear it worked for Ottia, on a win 10 system, I have seen some posts somewhere about gimp problems with 64 bit systems, hope that is not the case on my system

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: place text on path, unwanted border on text - by bbxrider - 12-02-2021, 01:12 AM