Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrow Script
Quote:....Rewriting the script in Python for GIMP V2.99.x would make it easy for the script to store the settings from session to session ...

Handy having it as script-fu. I load / un-load it as required (using Ofnuts resources manager plugin)
I'm using Arrow script on 2.99.7 nightly now, and I got 2 alert windows with these errors.

(Alert window 1)

Code:
Arrow Message
Error while executing script-fu-draw-arrow
Error: eval: unbound variable: gimp-image-width

(Alert window 2)

Code:
GIMP Messege
Plugin 'Arrow' left image undo in inconsistent state, closing undo groups.

Any plan to fix this? I love this script so much and I really need to get it work.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There is an updated one here: http://programmer97.byethost10.com/Files arrow.zip dated 2021-05-08 Is that the one you are using ? I can only try in an old 2.99.3 appimage and that generates an error. Download the zip see the ReadMe. Maybe contact the script author, or wait, programmer_ceds sometimes visits.
(07-26-2021, 11:50 AM)Histone Wrote: I'm using Arrow script on 2.99.7 nightly now, and I got 2 alert windows with these errors.

(Alert window 1)

Code:
Arrow Message
Error while executing script-fu-draw-arrow
Error: eval: unbound variable: gimp-image-width

(Alert window 2)

Code:
GIMP Messege
Plugin 'Arrow' left image undo in inconsistent state, closing undo groups.

Any plan to fix this? I love this script so much and I really need to get it work.

I have made the changes to this script ready for V2.99.x but the script causes the error:

Error: Unhandled return type GimpObjectArray

Apparently this is something that needs fixing in GIMP. Each time a new 2.99.x version is released I check to see if this is fixed. When it is I will post an updated version of it and report that in this thread.

Some of the other Python scripts that I have updated show the same error whilst some actually work :-)
➤ rich2005
Yes I'm using the one dated 2021-05-08 which I believe the latest.

➤ programmer_ceds
Thanks a lot for your reply! glad to have a comment from the script author!
I'd gotten "GimpObjectArray" errors with 2.99.6 but not with 2.99.7 nightly.
Instead of that error I got an errors mentioned above.

Anyways, I really appreciate you have develped this useful script which GIMP's missing for a long time.
Hope that it works on 2.99.xx soon, I will keep eye on the latest nightly and test it.
(07-26-2021, 12:57 PM)Histone Wrote: ➤ rich2005
Yes I'm using the one dated 2021-05-08 which I believe the latest.

➤ programmer_ceds
Thanks a lot for your reply! glad to have a comment from the script author!
I'd gotten "GimpObjectArray" errors with 2.99.6 but not with 2.99.7 nightly.
Instead of that error I got an errors mentioned above.

Anyways, I really appreciate you have develped this useful script which GIMP's missing for a long time.
Hope that it works on 2.99.xx soon, I will keep eye on the latest nightly and test it.

@Histone - I think I've been out in the sun too long! Ignore the bit about Python. The GimpObjectArray error relates to Script-fu and it looks as though it has been fixed - the issue has been closed anyway. So once I get 2.99.8 the problem should go away (and I would see the problem that you report).

I will fix the error that you report later and upload a revised version of the script. The change is slightly more complicated since gimp-image-width is the function that has to be used in V2.10 but this changes to gimp-image-get-width in V2.99 - so the script will have to decide which version of GIMP it is running under and use the appropriate function (then I can just have the one version of the script to maintain)

In the meantime you could make a temporary edit to your copy of the script. Just use a text editor to search for gimp-image-width and replace it with gimp-image-get-width. In the next line change gimp-image-height to gimp-image-get-height then save the file. This should make it work for V2.99.7 (or at least let us stumble on to find the next problem!.
Thanks a lot for the TIPS!
I edited  gimp-image-get-*, errors have gone.
 but still got an error at "gimp-image-base-type", so I edited it to "gimp-image-get-base-type".
and the error has gone now,
but again, still got another error at "NORMAL-MODE". and I stuck there.
Any idea on that?

(07-26-2021, 01:56 PM)Histone Wrote: Thanks a lot for the TIPS!
I edited  gimp-image-get-*, errors have gone.
 but still got an error at "gimp-image-base-type", so I edited it to "gimp-image-get-base-type".
and the error has gone now,
but again, still got another error at "NORMAL-MODE". and I stuck there.
Any idea on that?

Thanks for sorting the next error, I'll incorporate that into my version.

I had checked for all deprecated functions but gimp-image-width wasn't (and still isn't) marked as such!

You need to change NORMAL-MODE to LAYER-MODE-NORMAL or possibly LAYER-MODE-NORMAL-LEGACY - I think that I would go for the first of these as it sounds like it will have longer term support.

I may get around to producing a Python version of the script so that the parameters can be saved from one GIMP session to another but in the meantime you can always edit the default settings for the parameters.
Thanks a lot for your reply!
LAYER-MODE-NORMAL worked. and...still got another error on ADD-BLACK-MASK.

Is there any reference or document for those new variables?  so I can replace all legacy ones to new ones.

Python version sounds great.

(07-26-2021, 08:57 PM)Histone Wrote: Thanks a lot for your reply!
LAYER-MODE-NORMAL worked. and...still got another error on ADD-BLACK-MASK.

Is there any reference or document for those new variables?  so I can replace all legacy ones to new ones.

Python version sounds great.
Remote iterative debugging!

If you just give the text version of the error - don't really need the screenshots.

ADD-BLACK-MASK goes to ADD-MASK-BLACK

Hopefully that will be it

It's a question of using the function browser in the Script-Fu console to work out how the names have been changed. But if you make any changes please let me know what they are so that I can incorporate them into the version on my website.

When we have the script fully working again I will repost it and test it in V2.10 but would you be happy to test it under V2.99.7 please?