Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blocked Layer
Hi. Got a maybe easy question for regular users.
Imported a png image & scaling is like blocked.
I juss dunno ?
https://ibb.co/9Yr0g7w
Thanks
Interesting, using videolan for screenshots Wink
Edit: Just seen that you are using Gimp 2.8 Same procedure, the toolbox shows all the tools instead of the Gimp 2.10 tool groups

I can see from the screenshot and the tool icon that you are using the rectangular selection tool. It has that 'bar' sign because the tool is in the wrong mode. Start off with the replace mode (left side icon in the tool option)

As it happens that does not matter, wrong tool. Use the 'Scale' Tool :  Tools -> Transform -> Scale  also shift-s
Looks like you are trying to scale a tiny layer. Click in it, use the tool handles, hit the enter key.

Had the wrong Move icon. thanks

Ha! The reason u see a vlc snapshot is i could not use my mint system snapshot tool & use the gimp pointer simultaneously so i filmed my screen then took a vlc snap when i played the video. Wadd-i-gottadoo to make things happen
I really needed the help. Gonna get my flyer finished i'm happy right now. Thanks
In case you ever come back.

Quote:..Had the wrong Move icon..

You might still have the wrong tool. There is a dedicated Move tool. The only thing to note is how it works. It moves the layer containing the first solid pixel under the cursor. A text layer contains lots of transparency, so either 1) be careful where you position the cursor or 2) enable the move active later toggle in the Move tool Option.  Same as many other transform tools, there are various modes - layers - selections - paths.

Quote:..The reason u see a vlc snapshot is i could not use my mint system snapshot tool & use the gimp pointer simultaneously..

Top marks for ingenuity. But linux Gimp comes with its own snapshot tool. File -> Create -> Screenshot This using a Gimp 2.8 Gimp 2.10 is similar.
(01-28-2022, 03:03 AM)Ps2Gimp Wrote: Ha! The reason u see a vlc snapshot is i could not use my mint system snapshot tool & use the gimp pointer simultaneously so i filmed my screen then took a vlc snap when i played the video.

For this I use Spectacle with a delayed screenshot.
Thanks all