Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grid
The source path grid comes from ofnuts of-path-grid.py with the two edge paths removed.
The shaper, a 4 point circle using my old favourite path-shapes.scm

and the result using Path Transformation -> Map shaped by a Bezier arc quadrilateral (easy)

Edit: As usual not reading the question properly:

Using a rectangular path as the shaper. The gray square is a throwaway layer used to get some symmetry to the shape.

(10-25-2023, 07:51 AM)rich2005 Wrote: The source path grid comes from ofnuts of-path-grid.py with the two edge paths removed.
The shaper, a 4 point circle using my old favourite path-shapes.scm

and the result using Path Transformation -> Map shaped by a Bezier arc quadrilateral (easy)

Edit: As usual not reading the question properly:

Using a rectangular path as the shaper. The gray square is a throwaway layer used to get some symmetry to the shape.

rich, I thought you could set this with the plugin parameters. Not. The shaper is a logical solution. Thanks for the tip.
(10-24-2023, 03:36 AM)Krikor Wrote:
Grids, Sheres, one thing leads to another...

Did you do it in GIMP? If so how?
Patrice
(10-25-2023, 09:33 AM)PixLab Wrote:

Hi Patrice,

Basically using a script - mhspheres, located in the Script-fu/MH menu.
I also used the Sphere Designer plugin - Under Filters - Render - Sphere Designer.
The background was made with Starry sky (not sure if plugin or script).

Hmmm I think that was it.

Hi rich2005,

Two questions:
  • Regarding using the Ofnuts path-grid.py plugin, how did you manage to scale it?

• Whenever I try to generate a grid with this plugin it generates a path that exceeds the image dimensions.

• The solution I found was to create this path using a smaller image and then copying it to the larger image.
  • In other words, I created the grid on a 400x400 image and then transferred it to an 800px x 800px image.
The second;
  • Was the rectangular path (revised.jpg) in the last image of your post #11 made using the same plugin (path-grid) and then removing the extremes/edges or via another plugin?

I tried to find the manual for this plugin, but I think it's one of the few without a manual.

Thanks!
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
@rich, symmetry of the shaper was the key word. Otherwise the grid will be bent. Now I get it.

(10-25-2023, 02:34 PM)Krikor Wrote:
(10-25-2023, 09:33 AM)PixLab Wrote:

Hi Patrice,

Basically using a script - mhspheres, located in the Script-fu/MH menu.
I also used the Sphere Designer plugin - Under Filters - Render - Sphere Designer.
The background was made with Starry sky (not sure if plugin or script).

Hmmm I think that was it.

Ok I got it, https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-unboun...IMAGE-FILL is the one working fine, (the one from the original website does not work)
Thank you Krikor

Patrice
@Pix, I did something similar to Krikor's quite a while back using a flower grid - cannot remember how though

Smile
(10-26-2023, 08:53 AM)sallyanne Wrote: @Pix, I did something similar to Krikor's quite a while back using a flower grid - cannot remember how though

I can imagine how nice was the effect, I hope you will recall how you did it Wink
Patrice
Thank you. Smile