Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to open GIMP2?
Just downloaded and installed GIMP2.  I appear to have all the folders, sub folders etc but how does it open to a work screen similar to PSE or Luminar Neo which I already have.
Normally it creates an icon. Note that until you have opened an image, you see something like this:

@olderndirt

For a Windows installation. Use the customize option and follow through the steps. One option is for a desktop shortcut icon.  You can run your Gimp installer again for this.

(05-18-2023, 05:39 PM)rich2005 Wrote: @olderndirt

For a Windows installation. Use the customize option and follow through the steps. One option is for a desktop shortcut icon.  You can run your Gimp installer again for this.

That did the trick - thanks a lot.
(05-18-2023, 05:39 PM)rich2005 Wrote: @olderndirt

This worked for me as well. I was originally unable to find a run file even in Program Files/GIMP 2 but I uninstalled and reinstalled with this option checked and I got a desktop icon which worked.
Just saying, I believe this is the first time I've read a post in which uninstalling and reinstalling GIMP actually solved a problem.

Align