Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Layers multiple selection ?
(02-16-2022, 08:16 PM)rickk Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 04:56 PM)NiceIsNice Wrote: is there a way to multi select layers - even all - that gonna get the same edit, for example in milliseconds ? Help will be appreciated Wink

"Milliseconds" is easy, just specify the new time in the export dialog, and check the "use this delay  entered above for all frames" check box.

Hi,

Sorry I hit the wrong button.
Io you mean this I have no access :

[Image: ooax.jpg]

Hi @rich2005
Hi @Ofnuts

Thanks, but as I'm a newbie on GIMP I don't understand what you both mean.... but I'm working on it  Big Grin

For now, I just wish to select as many as possible layers to change milliseconds in one go.
You need 
(1) As animation enabled 
(2) Enter the delay you want 
(3) Enable Use Delay entered above for all frames.

Yeahhh it works perfectly ! Thanks a lot !

Also... size font is minuscule. I would like to increase it. I went to "preferences" but unsuccessfully.
I may searched the wrong place ?
(02-22-2022, 10:04 PM)NiceIsNice Wrote: Also... size font is minuscule. I would like to increase it. I went to "preferences" but unsuccessfully.
I may searched the wrong place ?

Are you using a high definition ( 4K ) computer display and the Gimp interface, icons and menus are small ?

It is possible to edit the theme to make the menu texts larger and there is a plugin that helps.  
Unzip the attached Change menu & icons.zip and put the file [i]Change menu & icons.py/i] in your Gimp user plugins folder.  
C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins

Start Gimp and look in the Windows menu. 

Run the plugin and set the new text size.

Restart Gimp for the setting to take effect.

The toolbox icons use Edit -> Preferences -> Interface -> Icon Theme and the slider bottom of the window.  Like this https://i.imgur.com/PN7yFgF.jpg

Attached Files
.zip   Change menu & icons.zip (Size: 1.02 KB / Downloads: 166)
This is my (old) computer display :

LCD HP Pavilion 2159v 1 920 x 1 080
That is a HD display. 1920 x 1080 pixels - same as mine.

I do not have a problem with the menu text size but if it is a little small for you.

Run the plugin as I indicated and increase the font size to say 12 or 14
Cannot find C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins or C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plugins.... Blush
(02-23-2022, 04:12 PM)NiceIsNice Wrote: Cannot find C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins or C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plugins.... Blush

In the computer path it is plug-ins 
The "yourname" is of course the name you use in Windows.

Appdata  is a Windows 'hidden' folder, Inforamtion on how to unhide it here
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...windows-10

Then it is down the list in Windows explorer until you find the Gimp plug-ins folder. 

Oh I didn't understand I had to "unhide" folders.

Great it works  Smile  Size 14  Exclamation  LotS of thanks Smile
(02-26-2022, 11:34 AM)akshaytees8 Wrote: I'm missing something you can't select multiple layers in V2.10.x.

I do not think you are missing anything, although it does depend on your installation.

1) A built-in Gimp multi-layer selection is planned for Gimp 3

2) Your MacOS installation will have limitations.

I have read that sometimes python support is broken so plugins like Ofnuts retime layers plugin do not work.

Some useful plugins such as g'mic are not available for MacOS. Here I can apply an effect to a selection of layers based on visibility. Example