Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logo/Ego boost
(07-27-2021, 02:56 AM)PixLab Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 05:03 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: I don't really know what people do with my scripts. Consider that I added a very "focused" script a couple of weeks ago without telling any one and it has 130 downloads already. But I already mentioned the weirdest case here and there.

Sometime it can be very surprising the way how people use GIMP, like this guy on GC which used Max RGB to count the percentage of its plants which are covering the soil.
When I read its comment, I was like... Woww, that's very clever.

I made a script to help someone count bacteria (he used a reagent to have the relevant bacteria be a different color on the picture). But my most unexpected one transforms a picture into instructions for a knitting machine, so yes, I have become popular in a knitting club in the American midwest Smile
Nice logo but should there be an ' after the s Smile

(07-26-2021, 09:10 AM)PixLab Wrote: I would have never thought that people have a need for exporting multiple layers in batch, which made me ask myself: Are most of them editing their pictures as layer (for each picture) instead of opening them as new file? May be just because they drag n drop their picture in the canvas ( = new layer) instead of dragging and dropping them in the tools box/area ...

I don't use drag and drop but find ofn-export-layers very useful. For gifs obviously. Another example, I was experimenting with the outcomes of another plugin putting each result in a layer and editing the layer name to show key parameters used.  Then used ofn-export-layers to export the layers using the layer names as file names so now I've a directory of sample images that's easy to browse and know what I did for next time.
(07-27-2021, 10:51 PM)teapot Wrote: Nice logo but should there be an ' after the s Smile

I wondered... the question is whether "oftnuts" is someone's name or some kind of brand Smile
(07-27-2021, 10:51 PM)teapot Wrote: I don't use drag and drop but find ofn-export-layers very useful. For gifs obviously. Another example, I was experimenting with the outcomes of another plugin putting each result in a layer and editing the layer name to show key parameters used.  Then used ofn-export-layers to export the layers using the layer names as file names so now I've a directory of sample images that's easy to browse and know what I did for next time.

Oh, yes, now I see how useful it can be Smile
Thumbs Up 
Bit late to the party here but I am quite impressed with the logo Ofnuts  Big Grin

Smile