Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more ' Alpha to logo ' in the latest version.
Hello everyone. I recently decided to do a new OS installation so I had to re-download GIMP. However in this new version the menu Alpha to logo isn't there anymore. It's usually under the filters. Did they remove it? Do I have to download some file or should I install the previous version?
Yes, they were removed.

see: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/1549

But if you have an old Gimp 2.8 hand you should be able to find the old filters, I think they are mostly script-fu. I think I have some somewhere. Give me ten minutes
That's just sad, I hope they bring it back in the future.
Try these: unpack the zip, put in your Gimp 2.10 profile scripts folder. No guarantee that they work Wink

Attached Files
.zip   ancient.scm.zip (Size: 48.96 KB / Downloads: 1,220)
(06-03-2018, 04:58 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Try these: unpack the zip, put in your Gimp 2.10 profile scripts folder. No guarantee that they work Wink

Yup, it's back! But no effects Cry I guess I'll re-install the previous version. Thank you for the help though.
(06-03-2018, 05:08 PM)Harris Wrote: Yup, it's back! But no effects Cry I guess I'll re-install the previous version.

That might not be a bad idea.

It depends how adept you are. You do need transparency and probably duplicated layers.

This the Glow script in Gimp 2.10

[Image: o9JAvv5.jpg]
gimp-data-extras
----------------

This is a collection of additional data files for GIMP 2.10.
It adds a couple of brushes and patterns to the set of files
that are already shipped with the GIMP tarball.

It also contains scripts that have been removed during v2.10
development cycle.

https://github.com/GNOME/gimp-data-extras

No need to compile anything, just go to the relevant section, brushes, patterns, scripts and download the files you want.
My advice, they were left out of Gimp 2.10 because generally made for an earlier time when little low quality graphics were acceptable.
(08-03-2018, 07:44 PM)rich2005 Wrote: gimp-data-extras
----------------

This is a collection of additional data files for GIMP 2.10.
It adds a couple of brushes and patterns to the set of files
that are already shipped with the GIMP tarball.

It also contains scripts that have been removed during v2.10
development cycle.

https://github.com/GNOME/gimp-data-extras

No need to compile anything, just go to the relevant section, brushes, patterns, scripts and download the files you want.
My advice, they were left out of Gimp 2.10 because generally made for an earlier time when little low quality graphics were acceptable.

What exactly do I have to do with the Makefile.am file to get the "Alpha to logo" filter back in Gimp 2.10.2?

Is this reserved only for those who don't use the application installer on Windows?
YOu can ignore it. Just copy the .scm files to your "scripts" folder.
Hello - Can someone please tell me how to install this on macOS Mojave?  I"m not  a windows user, and need this functionality back.  I tried just putting the scripts in the Applications Support folder, but that didn't work.